View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2008, 11:46 AM
What about the posters , we still have some from the last time our cat went missing, I hope we don't have to use them again but its how we got Josie back 4 years ago.I always worry if they go missing at a weekend if some one has shut them in a shed and only goes in there at weekends.Our cats don't go up to strangers either, so like you I know if mine go off they are not in someones house.he should be getting pretty hungry by now even if he is catching some food for himself,I hope he comes back soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh Lynn, so sorry I missed this about your poor little old puddy cat. You must be sooooo worried about him, I hope he's not out in the cold and wet, poor old boy I can't think of anything else to suggest other than what you've already done, but I do hope you find him soon. Poor little mite, such an old man too.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Lynn. Sorry to hear this. I went through this with one of mine. Thankfully I got him back 5 days later. From the condition he was in. It was obvious he had got locked in somewhere. Even though he was a nervous cat, I think he got scared by fireworks and ran off. I would highly recommend getting posters up and doing a leaflet drop in the surrounding area. Maybe it was coincidence, but the day I did a leaflet drop, I got a call off someone seeing him, went out and found him. I was overwhelmed by the number of calls I got even when I had found him. So there are some good people out there. Offer a reward as well but don't state the amount. Everything crossed that you find him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
What about the posters , we still have some from the last time our cat went missing, I hope we don't have to use them again but its how we got Josie back 4 years ago.I always worry if they go missing at a weekend if some one has shut them in a shed and only goes in there at weekends.Our cats don't go up to strangers either, so like you I know if mine go off they are not in someones house.he should be getting pretty hungry by now even if he is catching some food for himself,I hope he comes back soon.
He is a good mouser so I am hoping he is able to hunt and feed himself till he can find his way home, he was always bringing us little gifts. I just have a horrible feeling he is not coming back he has never been away this long, I hope I am wrong.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh Lynn, so sorry I missed this about your poor little old puddy cat. You must be sooooo worried about him, I hope he's not out in the cold and wet, poor old boy I can't think of anything else to suggest other than what you've already done, but I do hope you find him soon. Poor little mite, such an old man too.
Thats what I am upset about Helena he is old and out in the cold and wet.

Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Lynn. Sorry to hear this. I went through this with one of mine. Thankfully I got him back 5 days later. From the condition he was in. It was obvious he had got locked in somewhere. Even though he was a nervous cat, I think he got scared by fireworks and ran off. I would highly recommend getting posters up and doing a leaflet drop in the surrounding area. Maybe it was coincidence, but the day I did a leaflet drop, I got a call off someone seeing him, went out and found him. I was overwhelmed by the number of calls I got even when I had found him. So there are some good people out there. Offer a reward as well but don't state the amount. Everything crossed that you find him.
Thankyou Megan57 hopefully he will be back soon. I have a strange feeling he won't though.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear he is still not back Lynn.

Thinking of you and of him and praying for his safe return.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear your news. Fingers XXXXX he comes home soon.

We went through this last year with Colin, I put up posters on the lamp-posts and through peoples door, we offered a £50 reward.

Then 7 days later he came back...minus his tail But after the vet had sorted him, he was fine, now whatever happened, it has put him off going out of the garden
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 12:58 PM
oh lynn
i do hope Bruno comes back soon.

I can only add keep leafleting, and sometimes local radio stations will put out missing info too - asking people to check their sheds etc.

I would be inclined to call the council every day as in my experience of reading things on doglost the departments concerned are not good at checking reports and might pick up animals without checking lost details etc.

good luck i really hope you find him soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Sorry to hear he is still not back Lynn.

Thankyou Eunice

Thinking of you and of him and praying for his safe return.
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Sorry to hear your news. Fingers XXXXX he comes home soon.

We went through this last year with Colin, I put up posters on the lamp-posts and through peoples door, we offered a £50 reward.

Then 7 days later he came back...minus his tail But after the vet had sorted him, he was fine, now whatever happened, it has put him off going out of the garden
Oooh I hope he doesn't come back in a state, if he does come back. I will try to do the poster thing this week but have a lot on my plate with Mum again and getting her new boiler sorted something I could of done without.
Thankyou for the ideas.

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
oh lynn
i do hope Bruno comes back soon.

I can only add keep leafleting, and sometimes local radio stations will put out missing info too - asking people to check their sheds etc.

I would be inclined to call the council every day as in my experience of reading things on doglost the departments concerned are not good at checking reports and might pick up animals without checking lost details etc.

good luck i really hope you find him soon.
Thankyou Danni, good point about keep ringing the Council.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Sorry he's still missing Lynn. I suppose you've scoured the garden looking under hedges etc. have you? Just a thought, what with those fireworks, he might have curled up somewhere tucked away and is terrified to come back out? I suppose you've already done that bit though. Finger's crossed he comes home soon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sorry he's still missing Lynn. I suppose you've scoured the garden looking under hedges etc. have you? Just a thought, what with those fireworks, he might have curled up somewhere tucked away and is terrified to come back out? I suppose you've already done that bit though. Finger's crossed he comes home soon
Thanks Helena yeah have done that, our garden back and front are not very big, but I have scoured the acres of fields hedges and ditches around us and Gorden did the estate.
We gave Ollie his blanket to sniff and took him out on his long line and blanket with us and scoured the fields and woods, Ollie was a bit bemused and i'm not sure he knew what was expected of him.
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »