Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Yes, which both her and I did But just because its a thread for supporting someone it shouldnt mean someone should be criticise for asking for something to be made clear when it concerns the welfare of dogs (which becky seem willing to do).

So now maybe instead of replying and making this go round in circles we should draw a line and get back to offering support.
OK, this isn't fair on Becky.

I think some are losing the ability to see past canine welfare here. I agree the dogs are important and their welfare should be considered, which Becky is doing to the best of her ability, but BECKY, a HUMAN is being made homeless and that to me, is if more concern. Call me selfish, but dogs adapt very well to change and in fact, not having a home, Humans are not the same and it affects them in all differnet manners some of which can be detrimental to their health, so forgive me for saying that this thread is to support Becky, and not make implications about the dogs.

You won't change my mind Stormey, my concerns are for Becky's welfare and this is not the place to be questioning her about dogs, yes the dogs are important of course, but some seem to post as if her dogs are MORE important with less regard for her and what she's going through !

Just my selfish point of view !
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Well renting holiday homes is expensive and would be prohibitive in the summer months, there are pet friendly rental sites but sadly all the locals one were not dog friendly just cats!
Becky
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Is there any sites for renting that state they allow dogs?
You know how you get holidays, where dogs are welcome, just wondered if there is any the same for renting on the net?
Yes there is, and have given Becky the link.

http://www.petfriendlyrentals.co.uk/

It's not that old, so unfortunately, it only has a few properties on there which are few and far between, but hopefully it will grow.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 06:15 PM
You have probably thought of it, but try contacting homes what say no pets as if you explain that they dont moult and are all house trained they maybe more understanding. As its better to have someone in and allow a few pets than it lying vacant.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Good point stormey, some may consider it at the end of the day it is income to them.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Some estate agents do their best to get landlords to change their veiws as they have people who have pets but they just seem willing to let them remain empty
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
What area are you looking at? What are you looking for? Flat, house etc?
Is it the same in shared, pets ruling?
I wonder if the dog rescues have any type of lists that might be helpful?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 06:24 PM
I' happy to have anything, in fact the smaller and cheaper the better as long as it has access to a garden for the dogs I'd be happy with the shed at the bottom of the garden!
Becky
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
hi, just caught up with this!

(((hugs))) to you becky - such a strong person

rips - quite hatsh tbh - you cant live your life saying "what if"

what if i loose my job tomorow? who pays for my horse - does that mean i should sell him now "just in case?"

good luck becky - im sure something will come up- mabey a caravan ona site would be a good idea? no more renting?

or even a campervan?

what will you do with the dogs when you go to work ifyour in a tent??
True, but you can make appropriate decisions depending upon your lifestyle, that's all I'm saying.

Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Exactly, I 100% agree.

I think some of these comments have been slightly unfair. Some people, are never likely to own their own home for one reason or another, so are those people then doomed to a life without a dog 'just in case' ? Piffle !!

Nobody should have to be in that position NOT to have chidlren or a dog, JUST because they rent !!

For those with negative comments, I truly hope you are never in this postition of insecurity for life ! It's devastating, so please don't judge !
I don't think I have been unfair or negative at all, (I don't recall judging anyone either?) I'm purely concerned for the welfare of the puppies. Dogs living in a tent is no problem, puppies is another matter! All I'm saying is, if it were me, I wouldn't breed if renting as I think it's not in the best interests of the dog/s. At the end of the day, when you rent and have dogs you have to play buy the house owners rules, only so many dogs etc. Having 5/6 dogs AND breeding when renting IMO is not a good thing.

I hope I'm never in this situation either.

Originally Posted by Malady View Post
That wasn't a question, it implied Becky was acting irresponsibly.

Sorry Stormey I disagree. Who has the right to question Becky about why she bred her dogs, in the first place ?!

I can understand anyone who sympathises and wishes Becky well etc, but why question her at all ? Becky is a responsible person, which everyone here knows regarding her dogs, she wouldnt have done something irresponsible without thinking it through and not knowing what the future holds, could not have possibly forseen this predicament she's in now. If it was someone we didn't know, fair enough, but everyone here knows Becky and that's why it was uneccessary.

So, I disagree with the insensitive questioning in the first place, that is my perrogative !

I'm supportive of Becky Stormey, you are the only one arguing about a question that was unwarranted.

I'll leave it there before you decide to PM me about your grievances again !
No it wasn't, it was a question followed by my thoughts on what I would've done/what should've been done eg my opinion.

Not insensitive either, I would give you an indication of an insensitive post, but it's not in my nature to be unecessarily rude.

And why question? Because when we're concerned about something we should shout out loud so that we can change things. Right?!
I just hope that by raising my concerns it might make some people think twice about breeding/keeping a lot of dogs when renting etc.

I don't regret anything I have said, my sole concern is for puppies and how they are cared for etc. Everything I say stems directly from that premise. If I think someone is behaving in such a manner that means they have put a dogs/puppies life, or indeed dogs in general, at risk then I will say so.
If people don't like it then they should really think hard about what they say on a public forum.
I am totally 100% commited to responsible dog ownership/breeding and anything else associated with dogs but this is for the dogs sake not peoples.

Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Nearly all Mcdonalds have wireless hotspots now.
Trust you to know that!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I just hope that by raising my concerns it might make some people think twice about breeding/keeping a lot of dogs when renting etc.

I had 4 dogs already when I started. I was under the impression that this was going to be a long term home so I have not done anything wrong, as I said before, I could have sat here 'waiting' and done nothing whereas I chose to actual live my life and go down the route that makes me happiest

I don't regret anything I have said, my sole concern is for puppies and how they are cared for etc. Everything I say stems directly from that premise. If I think someone is behaving in such a manner that means they have put a dogs/puppies life, or indeed dogs in general, at risk then I will say so.

So exactly how do you think they will be cared for? Do you think they will be cared for badly if they aren't in a house? I bought Wilson when I was in a tent and he spent the first month and a half of his life with me in a tent!

If people don't like it then they should really think hard about what they say on a public forum.

Entirely agree if you don't want the 'wrong' answer then don't post

I am totally 100% commited to responsible dog ownership/breeding and anything else associated with dogs but this is for the dogs sake not peoples.

Now that's a familiar sounding phrase, I may well have used that myself, hence I don't believe your concern is actually genuine, you're just trying to take the moral high ground after my posts on another thread, and that's exactly how I took it when you first posted and notheing you've said has changed that opinion, in fact you sound even less genuine now.
I've not done anything wrong, my dogs have not/will not suffer, they are probably considerably better cared for than I reckon about 80% of dogs kept as pets in the UK, they have a proper diet, more than adequate exercise, proper veterinary care when needed, properly groomed on a regular basis and are with me.
Becky
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >