Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 08:31 PM

Help - Renting

Well, after yet ANOTHER huge bust up with my mum i have finally decided enough is enough, i need my own space... Now i need to find somewhere to rent.

Having only ever moved in with friends/partners i have no clue... Help??? I need to find somewhere cheap (like £400 a month) that will allow at least my pugs. it looks like my parrots will have to go But i cant ever let my girls go..

Accommodation is not a problem, but i just need to find somewhere! Any ideas? I need somewhere in Tewkesbury or nearby by the way!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Can't help with accommodation, Jessica, as I'm not in the area.

Is your relationship with mum really a lost cause honey?

*hugs*

x0x
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 08:56 PM
We've never got on great, but we can both be so hurtful in an argument and some of the things she said tonight just really upset me. I just cant live under the same roof as someone who can upset me like that.

I dont want to get any more angry with her, and it is about time i got my own place anyway. Its just im having to sell a lot to do it. The parrots are going... Im going to try and keep Gracie, Lilah and Riley but im not sure about the horses even. We were kicked out of our rented field as its being made into a livery yard so they need it for that.. The horses are at my mums.. I have nowhere to move them too.

I just really need to know where to even look for a rented flat???
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 09:07 PM
They're all a bit grim aren't they and dont look too dog friendly...
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2008, 09:53 PM
It's worth asking, what with them being small dogs, and once you get them all nice and done up to your own tastes it'll really feel like home. It doesn't matter what the exterior looks like once you're inside.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 09:57 PM
True..I'll ring around tomorrow..

The problem is im not in a permenant job at the moment.. Will i still be able to rent a place??
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
True..I'll ring around tomorrow..

The problem is im not in a permenant job at the moment.. Will i still be able to rent a place??
When you apply for a place they do a credit check, you fill out an application form where you give your details, some ask what your employment is but I think the most important thing is that you pass the credit check [which I don't think is as extensive as if you were applying for a loan or anything, as we get turned down for loans but have still passed these checks] If you can afford the rent and they are funny about your employment status just tell them how you can afford it and they should be fine. Without wanting to sound patronizing though remember in most cases you will also have council tax and all the other usual utility bills to pay on top of the rent so the £400 is a starting point.

Best of luck
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2008, 12:43 PM
i just started renting, but no one ever asked me for a credit check...estate agents, that is. however, they asked me if i was working, as they wouldnt entertain me otherwsie, and some even said they wouldnt entertain me if i didnt earn over a certain amount. very hard to find landlords that will accept pets as well. i emailed dozens of properties and agents, but no joy. i was lucky, found somewhere thru a private ad on my freind's work notice board.
you could try
£400 a month is quite cheap, so you wont be able to be too choosy.

this website will help: http://www.petfriendlyrentals.co.uk
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 12:50 PM
do you have a buddy who wants to move out as well ...........might get a better place with 2 incomes ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >