View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Best turn them all off so we're used to the cold when they bring in the extra 'green' tax in view of the environment problems that they've only just apparently become aware of... .

Sorry, OT I know but it's been one of those days ...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:16 PM
NO

at the top of the rad on the end there should be a nut like thing and you should have a key ??? you loosen it all the air comes out as soon as you see water then shut it off .....

i think the valve at the bottom shuts water off to the rad ..I might be wrong
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
in view of the environment problems that they've only just apparently become aware of...
Yep, it's all on the KS3 curriculum, but apparently Tony Blair has only just caught up
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Best turn them all off so we're used to the cold when they bring in the extra 'green' tax in view of the environment problems that they've only just apparently become aware of... .

LOL i would rather live the 10 years quoted in the warm
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

don't worry about it...I know what you mean anyway because last winter we couldn't afford oil for the tank and I only put the heat on about 3 times max and i was freezing most the time and went out for walks to warm up! Still the dogs were happy as it seems Kody only stops panting when it's near freezing!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
don't worry about it...I know what you mean anyway because last winter we couldn't afford oil for the tank and I only put the heat on about 3 times max and i was freezing most the time and went out for walks to warm up! Still the dogs were happy as it seems Kody only stops panting when it's near freezing!
Brrrrrr! reminds me of wearing socks and tights for school!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
we can always bed down with the dogs
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Inca View Post
NO

at the top of the rad on the end there should be a nut like thing and you should have a key ??? you loosen it all the air comes out as soon as you see water then shut it off .....

i think the valve at the bottom shuts water off to the rad ..I might be wrong
yeah that was it...it was the thing at the top...I had to hold a jam jar underneath it and turn it and that sorted it out.

Your right about the valve at the bottom shutting the water off if you want to but that's why I don't understand why I have that and a thermostat on the other side?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Brrrrrr! reminds me of wearing socks and tights for school!
yep I got real fed up of wearing layers indoors...lol...and was really glad when the summer came around!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Yep, it's all on the KS3 curriculum, but apparently Tony Blair has only just caught up
yeah or we could be really cynical and think it's just a new way to tax us - perish the thought.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »