View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Thats a fantastic video amts (love the music too - who is it ) Jacques looks so happy and playful. I know this is a silly question but does he ever bite? I have been bitten by a budgie and a cockatiel and that can be quite painful but I can't imagine what damage a macaw could do if it bit you

He's a wonderful parrot though - very unique I am going to show that Video to my daughter when she gets home from school - she will love it
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Fantastic video! He looks soo happy!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 11:32 AM
it,s seems ages since he left amts and yet it is only just over a week
but we were very lucky as they have stopped exports and imports now due to the bird flu
so we got it just right
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 11:38 AM
God thats a good point Jackie a week later and Amts wouldnt have been able to take him you planned it just right
Lol Amts you cant blame him for trying to be loud when your singing he is trying to block out that terrible noise
Sounds like he loves living with you I think he looks so cute when he sleeps.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 11:42 AM
yes nat we did time it really well
they stopped exports/imports on tuesday so we got in just on time

just have to worry if we have to bring all the other birds inside the house now
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Jackie: OMG thank god we got him out in time.
It would have been the worst scenario standing at the airport and not be allowed to take him onboard. Thank god it didnt happen.

Foxy: No questions are silly (except mine ) He does and can bite. Due to his size he can do a lot of damage if he wants to, but with training and a lot of love he wont hurt anyone. Course he is so young, he is testing everything - also his bounderies The trick is to tell him loud and clear right away whats allowed and whats not. Kind of like with a puppy or a baby

When he gets naughty, he takes your finger maybe. Then bites it gently. Nows the time to say "no" and show him what can be bitten like his toys or something. If we dont he bites a bit harder and if still no respons a bit harder again etc But he isnt mean in any way at all. He´s just a bit naughty sometimes being a kid and playful

Like with puppies and babies you get back what you put into him. So we´re trying our best to the loving parents Ian and Jackie was to him and continue their great work with him. Pretty simple actually and his personality makes it so much easier
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Wow AM, great pics

Thank you and keep them coming

J
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Update on DW´s darling

He still cant say Dogweb, but he has said his first sentense in danish.
It was "god morgen" which means good morning And he even used it right so we were bouncing up and down. How clever is he allowed to be

We started work again after spending two weeks at home with him and apparently he isnt a morning bird When we turn on the lights and starts taking his bowl out to clean and refill them, he gets so grumpy and growls at us So now we try to be as silent as possible and gets home to a much happier boy when we get off

Heres some pictures of him from earlier today where we, after a small walk outside, decided to have a snack and playing with his toy ball. Hope you enjoy them

Hi all of you (blankets on sofa as Ally is in season and just in case )

Love the toy ball

Enjoying a peanut on mum´s shoulder

Back in the cage where another treat was waiting
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Brill pics, he is so clever most people cant speak two languages
Could you tell me who is in charge again? let the boy have his sleep, you should know to be silent
He is gorgeous
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 06:41 PM
He looks nortier every day
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »