View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2018, 07:24 PM
It's back on for now. We did some ringing around for an emergency engineer one said he would be with us by 8.30 then rang and said the engineer covering our area wasn't available.

All others not answering or cannot do till Tuesday.
So we are hoping it continues to work if they have a problem after moving in we will refer them to our boiler man I have left them a note with information about him and tell them to get his wife to invoice me and we will pick up the bill.
We think it's similar to last year when we had hot water no heating . There's a thing called the flow switch and it sometimes sticks. It was only serviced 2 months ago but like everything else I suppose you cannot predict when things might go wrong.
if it's working Monday when we leave we shall plead ignorant but I have a feeling we will be reliable for the bill if it goes wrong shortly after.

The company that said they would come then didn't took the card number £225 for an hours work but said it will not be taken till Monday. They had better not take anything Monday now after letting us down.

Gorden has said he will be glad to see the back of the place, I hope it behaves better for Holly and Dale,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Lynn - "I have a feeling we will be liable for the bill if it goes wrong shortly after."

You are not liable if it's working on the day you leave, it's like when you buy a second hand car, things can go wrong as you drive home from the car sales forecourt.

Sometimes the garage will give you a 'warranty' but it only covers certain things and you may still have to pay for other mechanical failures.

You are being more than generous, if it were me I would say nowt and wait until when (if) the buyers contact you in the next week.

Being the nice person you undoubtedly are you could offer to go halves but frankly if it's more than a week I think your conscience can be clear. It's down to them.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3