Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2018, 08:30 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday,6th November, 2018

Good morning everyone. I hope you and your four legged friends are all ok.

Gordon Mac that is good news about Scout, that will keep you and the Mem busy. We shall all look forward to seeing the new arrivals.

Sal, Harvey and anyone else deciding to join us flu virus type illness please try not too it is not good.

Well Lynn, not long now, any joy over the macerator? Hope there are no further problems between now and the move.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all, keep safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2018, 09:01 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Hope you are feeling better today Moyra.
Lovely news about Scout Gordon. Looking forward to the pictures.
Hi Harvey hope you are feeling better. 5 years for us living here on 25th October.

Saniflo engineer can't get here till Friday around 10 Moyra. Fingers crossed he turns up and sorts it. I am sure it will all be fine as he will have the same model on board if the bigger one doesn't fit or the one already in place cannot be fixed if not we are not sure where that leaves us.
Good thing is there is already a functioning bathroom a luxury we didn't have when first moved here.
Bit stressed about it and doesn't help this is the week Gorden is away.

Waiting for more delivery boxes to be delivered last time he dropped them in around 9'ish hoping for the same this time. Another parcel due between 10.0 and 11.30. Hoping to get Dillon out between the deliveries.
Then clean the freezer I emptied yesterday and sort out stuff from the downstairs bathroom and pack what isn't needed for a few days.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Morning all

Damp and cloudy this morning.

Feeling a little better this morning, but I am congested and feel like I have a chest infection, will wait a few days before booking a GP appointment, can't get in usually for a couple of weeks anyhow.
Rung for O/H's prescription this morning, he tells me last night he had run out of his tablets, have no idea what I was supposed to do about it, when both the chemist and Dr's are closed, managed to find a few to see him over a couple of days.

I have a letter to sort out this morning regarding Council tax payments, they know we are waiting on a court date for O/H's tribunal yet still keep demanding money and payments which we simply don't have.

Moyra hope you are feeling a little better this morning x

Lynn hoping the saniflow guy can sort it for you, another busy day for you, bet you will be glad when you've moved.

Just the normal chores for me today.

Have a good day all x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Morning Sal glad you managed to tide OH over with the tablets.
I understand your upset and frustration re: the council tax. We had similar when Gorden was made redundant and working part time they just wouldn't understand money very little of it was sporadic and of course everyone else wants their bit to. Plus you have to eat.
Hope they ease up on you and you get that hearing soon. You really do not need the extra stress.

Freezer sorted now and bathroom bits that can be packed. Packed. 1st delivery arrived waiting for the boxes now should be here by 11.30. Going to have a coffee and some catch up tv. Maybe do a bit more packing later.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2018, 11:58 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you are soon better Moyra this virus seems to linger

Happy packing Lynn and hope the toilet situation is easily fixed on Friday

Congratulations Gordon on the pending patter of tiny paws

My OH is the same Sal hasn't a clue about his medication so I have to keep on top of it. One lot has to be ordered so have to remember to do it a week in advance. Hugs you really do not need all this stress with the council and everything else

Lovely morning here but damp. Have managed to get some bedding dry and ironed, cleaned all the kitchen cupboards inside and out and have just made the Christmas cake

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2018, 12:15 PM
At last managed to remove the rest of the plywood, a real pain in arse job.. Next is rerouting the electrical cable to above joists and make a temp joint until I get a proper electrical box for when the timbers are put in. Also have to add a couple of fixing battens at each end.
Also remove old BT cable no longer used
Ain't no fun doing it with a stinking cold

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Awwwww LG, poopies should cheer you up a little
Mad dash to town and back...I have 12 bags coming, I need to find somewhere to stash it all lol, I tried to change the delivery date y and it wouldn't let me do it
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Sal glad you managed to tide OH over with the tablets.
I understand your upset and frustration re: the council tax. We had similar when Gorden was made redundant and working part time they just wouldn't understand money very little of it was sporadic and of course everyone else wants their bit to. Plus you have to eat.
Hope they ease up on you and you get that hearing soon. You really do not need the extra stress.

Freezer sorted now and bathroom bits that can be packed. Packed. 1st delivery arrived waiting for the boxes now should be here by 11.30. Going to have a coffee and some catch up tv. Maybe do a bit more packing later.
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

Hope you are soon better Moyra this virus seems to linger

Happy packing Lynn and hope the toilet situation is easily fixed on Friday

Congratulations Gordon on the pending patter of tiny paws

My OH is the same Sal hasn't a clue about his medication so I have to keep on top of it. One lot has to be ordered so have to remember to do it a week in advance. Hugs you really do not need all this stress with the council and everything else

Lovely morning here but damp. Have managed to get some bedding dry and ironed, cleaned all the kitchen cupboards inside and out and have just made the Christmas cake

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Thanks both,
What makes it even worse is that they are aware of our situation as I have let them know several times, by phone and email, I have just finished paying an overpayment on the Council Tax, I will get it refunded when O/H has his PIP reinstated but my god the mess it causes is a nightmare to sort out.
I am sending this by mail, recorded so it buys a little more time, and have asked again for them to suspend the bill until we’ve been to tribunal, they refused last time I asked, or failing that to contact the DWP and ask for deductions to be taken.

They say to ask for help if you need it, yet don’t listen and don’t help when you ask for it.

O/H’s meds I am usually on top of, have no idea why he’s run out unless with everything else that I have had to sort I forgot about ordering a repeat.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2018, 04:19 PM
Took all afternoon including getting

cable

Being an old cast iron lamp did present a bit of a problem with rewiring.
It was impossible to get to the earth screw grub and to side window panel must have been added after the electrical bits were fitted Also the brass retaining ring was seized for the lamp holder. Absolutely no way to get any grip on it, so back to the old tried and tested method old hammer screwdriver and ridges on the ring and tap it free.
Still all done now and while on the work bench Sue wants to give it a new paint job.
Had confirmation air vents on their way and roofer is just waiting for it to rain for and leaks.
Still waiting for wood to arrive