Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2018, 07:47 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 1st November, 2018

Good morning everyone. trust you and your lovely four legged companions are all in fine fettle on this dark and dismally wet morning.

Hope you get your water drain and waste outlet sorted. It must be connected to the sewer somewhere Lynn.

Have a good day everyone, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2018, 07:51 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Wet here today.

Sure it will be sorted ok Moyra all the searches and property info suggest it is connected. As Chris said possible just not Anglian water knowing what's going on.
In hands of the solicitor so sit tight and wait now is all we can do not overly worrying.
Just a shock when you ring to change things over to new address and find out all these little things that aren't straightforward.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2018, 08:40 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope you are well Moyra

All you need Lynn just as everything else is going well. No doubt the water company has put everything in place but it will get sorted ok.

Raining here and looks set for the day. Hairdressers later but that is all I have planned. Eldest son still here and his tooth is still giving him pain. Dentist saw him Monday and put some antibiotic stuff inside the tooth and gave him antibiotics to take Not awake yet but have said ring the dentist if still in pain this morning.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have good day and stay safe, warm and dry.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2018, 09:39 AM
Morning Sue. Hope sons's tooth heals soon.
Our youngest has trouble with a wisdom tooth but they won't take it out as it could affect his facial nerves. He is supplied with ab's so he has them on hand when it starts niggling otherwise his face swells up.
Not sure how he sorts that now he is living in Spain.

Just rang 105 power networks to find out who the supplier is to new address as advised by our now supplier so they know who contact quickly to get supplier changed and they won't give the information.
We have checked the property info form and it's on there and never had a pre-payment before but maybe the card/key
gives us a clue to. Will ring our supplier later with the information and they can probably work from there I'm sure.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2018, 09:56 AM
Morning all. Car goes off this afternoon. Typically if it is raining I will get wet walking back home. Good job it isn't far. Sods law. bg!! Have you noticed that all the posts lately are about the wet stuff.?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2018, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Our youngest has trouble with a wisdom tooth but they won't take it out as it could affect his facial nerves. He is supplied with ab's so he has them on hand when it starts niggling otherwise his face swells up.

Just rang 105 power networks to find out who the supplier is to new address as advised by our now supplier so they know who contact quickly to get supplier changed and they won't give the information.
We have checked the property info form and it's on there and never had a pre-payment before but maybe the card/key
gives us a clue to. Will ring our supplier later with the information and they can probably work from there I'm sure.
I thought prepayment or card payment was the most expensive way to pay for services
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Afternoon all
Brenda, hope you don't get too wet on your way home
Lynn, let's hope today brings some news on your missing pipework!
Sue, hope your son's tooth is o.k
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Afternoon all,

Was raining here first thing, has stopped now. I got up with a banging headache, took some tablets and I still have it.

Popped into town earlier to pay some money into the bank and then went searching for some reindeer food for my Nieces Christmas Eve box, couldn’t find any so popped to Asda with Luke to pick up some bits, and came back with some Christmas PJ’s, a magic key, and a Christmas book, the box is done now apart from reindeer food, Asda sell it, but they were stocking the shelves so should be available tomorrow from what a staff member told me.

Got back home to a miserable O/H, and then went on to complain that I am doing a box for my niece. I swear he has OCD about complaining. He finds something to complain about everyday lately, and to top it off he’s just had a letter back from the independent case examiner, which he has refused to let me read, even though I did the complaint and now he’s complaining about the length of time it’s going to take to investigate.

Lynn it’s usually the small things that are a pain to sort, i’m sure it will be sorted out fingers crossed.

Sue hope your sons tooth gets sorted soon.

Nothing else planned for me for today apart from the norm, sorting animals, washing etc and Luke’s cooking tea, cottage pie, only trouble is he makes one hell of a mess lol

Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2018, 01:03 PM
Hope you haven't to got to wet brenda.
Bet you do a lot of counting to 10 Sal.

It is Barry but they cannot be changed till we move in and our supplier can change the meters. That will be about a week. So we need to get the key/card and top it up so we have electricity and gas at least for the week.
Also the company that have sold us the bungalow are going to check there is no debt on it and if there is clear it.
I think because they mainly buy then refurbish and rent they put prepay meters in the properties and then this one they decided to sell on but of course the meters were already in.
We are not fans and always pay by d/d so they will be getting changed as soon as they can be and we will enquire about the cost of moving the meters outside also.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2018, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Unless things have changed, The only way to get meters put back to credit rather than pre-payment meters is to switch to BT. They will change the meter and you are stuck with them for 12 months, but the other suppliers wouldn't change the meters at all
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >