Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-07-2018, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Yes Madrid no further than London to be honest and if flights booked in advance not to expensive either.
While we Have Dillon it will be solo visits if we get the opportunity.

Yes you will have to work it that Gordon is at home when you are visiting son. I forgot that when I posted above.

Couldn't resisit looking at places with easy access to M11 and came up with Lakenheath, here's one, a bit small but decent size garden (For dear old Dillon) and you could add a conservatory on the back.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65370325.html

The American Air Force fly their noisy F35's during the week but I think I am correct in saying not at weekends or at night and while Mildenhall will close in 2 years Lakenheath will keep going.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2018, 01:30 PM
I do still have Dexter Brenda, he is 20 and boss of the household! And I would have it no other way lol. I like father brown..nice easy watching
Kazz, yes..the lump came up so quickly so as others have said I suspect it is saliva gland related
Chris, can you come and do my fence please?
Harvey... enjoy whatever you are doing
Lynn, my brother lives in London and I only really worry when there is a terror incident and the selfish git doesn't let us know he is o.k...i am sure you remember the last time with me ringing round hospitals lol
My aunty has just messaged to check I am o.k..mum and dad left at about 11, even I can't get in that much trouble in such a short space of time
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Twoooooooooooooooooooo
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2018, 03:19 PM
May have to hid behind the armchair in a minute or two...................scared to carry on watching
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2018, 03:37 PM
Finished for the day here. Table and four chairs done (hubby did 'em in the end). Good sweep up and sort out turned out to be my job. Everything taking shape. Just three benches to rub down and paint now. That will be a joint project.

Got rid of all the rubbish and stuff we don't use - a lot of which we brought here with us for some un-earthly reason. We forget we are getting older and things like welding gear won't be needed any more. Both bikes gone. Golf buggy sold. Just fishing rods and golf clubs to go and I may offer those as a cheap job lot for any car booter to have. Oh, I nearly forgot the trailer. We put it on the front garden ready for when it goes, but we're not sure as yet how to get rid of it. I'm sure we'll figure it out.

When garden is finished another massive clear out looms. All the stuff up in the loft that 'might come in handy'
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Chris, chuck a sign on the trailer "for sale" someone is bound to knock
Hahaha Kazz, they are doing well so far.....
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2018, 04:08 PM
https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats...s-been-1754210

Saw it mentioned about sweetcorn but it appears there are more products on recall
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Well well done England got to watch the second half as Holly and Dale and his mum and dad came too. Here for a couple of hours ended coming without agent after agent checking it was ok for them to.
Gorden and I sat in the garden while they looked round. My goodness they are so happy and their daughter who wasn't with them today is to.
Opened windows at the front and the noise that we claim as being noisy isn't for them they live in Enfield and we found out today in a part furnished flat which is meant to be 2 beds but the second seems to just fit a single bed in from what we can gather.
So pleased that although it wasn't the highest bid we chose them as they are over the moon Holly is already planning her veg patch.
They have accepted the wardrobes from us in both rooms as it will save us dismantling them to get them down the stairs.
Their daughter 13 has chosen the front bedroom and is going to put cushions on the window ledge to sit and watch the boats and look at the river.
Is it conceited to say we are so pleased we chose their bid and we are feeling excited for them. Giving them the opportunity to move apparently they have travelled out here to look at things but not been inside always disappointed with the area and front of property saw ours come on line booked the viewing as they guessed it would be gone quick and so ours was the first one they stepped inside and fell in love.
So between an uncle of Dale's dying and having no children money from his house was left to the brothers and Holly's mum dying and her having money it has allowed them to move on for a safer environment for their daughter to grow up in.

Right feeding Dillon then doing our drive by's if promising will ring tomorrow to book a viewing.

Thanks Harvey saw that on line. Hoping to get a bit nearer to Mark and Lauren if we can.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Is it conceited to say we are so pleased we chose their bid and we are feeling excited for them. Giving them the opportunity to move apparently they have travelled out here to look at things but not been inside always disappointed with the area and front of property saw ours come on line booked the viewing as they guessed it would be gone quick and so ours was the first one they stepped inside and fell in love.

No Lynn, not conceited at all, I think it's very nice that you are selling to people who really want to do the best for their daughter and who by the sound of it are living in not very nice accomodation right now.

And also from what you've said it looks like all finance is in place and there should be no delays. I don't think I've ever mentioned the 'wanna be' property developer who put an offer in for our house in Grt. Barton, keept saying he would get the mortgage, agent keept telling me the same, never did get it and never was able to complete, still remember the anguish even 'tho 14 years ago

So it's all systems go now I'm sure you'll find just what you want, I tend to forget that with Rightmove (and others) you can make your search as wide as you want. I used to stay near Lakenheath in the motor home and yes it was noisy when the fly boys were practicing sure you'll find something a bit more peaceful
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I do still have Dexter Brenda, he is 20 and boss of the household! And I would have it no other way lol..................

Harvey... enjoy whatever you are doing..................

even I can't get in that much trouble in such a short space of time

Hi Griffy, I was wanting to ask about Dexter, only yesterday, he came into my mind, no idea why except that you hadn't mentioned him for a while and I was worried I might have missed something. Another hug for him too

Was going to do a bit in the garden but too hot, then thought about the workshop but also too hot, so opted to stay in study with Casey, put the fan on and sort some paperwork the big lad is sleeping behind me and having a dream about chasing rabbits judging by his back legs. In reality he can't run now but he can when he's dreaming

I reckon if you put your mind to it you could get into trouble in less time than it takes to say "Mines a pint please"
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >