Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2018, 06:20 AM

Dogsey Daily chat Saturday 30th June 2018

Morning all, Getting warm already here. The forecast is for hotter than yesterday. Can you believe this, I was settling down last night reading and fireworks started banging about over the back from me. Fortunately it didn't disturb Tyto as I could just imagine him trying to come upstairs. Not a good idea. Anyway have all the doors open at the back of the house as it is cool at the moment. Will alternate as the sum goes round. How do you all keep your house cool? Heard that the news for Saddleworh Moor is still not good. It was great to hear from LG yesterday. Thinking of him and you Harvey. Well enough of my waffle. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow. Very warm here today already not long back from walking Dillon. Could feel it heating up as we got nearer home.

Glad Tyto didn't get upset by the fireworks brenda. We have some going off round here later one of the old village boys is 90 so today our next door neighbours but one are throwing him a birthday bash this evening.
We were invited but declined and sent Oli a card instead.
Thankfully Dillon seems ok with fireworks.

Harvey thinking of you all today.
LG hope things are getting calmer in your neck of the woods.

Well another viewing at 11 this morning. Will be contacting some agents if open today to see if we can get a viewing booked for late afternoon Monday as we have chimney sweep coming first thing to put a cowl on the chimney and put new firebricks in the log burner.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2018, 06:57 AM
Morning Lynn, just off out with Tyto for the last one before later this evening.
Have a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2018, 07:51 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn and all who follow

Swell done on all the offers Lynn. Doubt if it will be hard to decide who to go with and hope you find something you like for your forever home very quickly. At least you will be in a good position to buy if you are under offer.

Pleased Tyto isn't phased by fireworks.

Not long back from walking Teazle. Another hot day in the offing. I have the back doors wedged opened and as many windows as possible open. Fortunately the front of the house doesn't receive a lot of sun as it is north facing but you can imagine the back as it faces south!

Teazle was sick in the night but judging by the contents its her own fault - she has now learnt ( thanks to Barry) - that peas are delicious straight off the plant thank goodness I have now got netting over the sprouts so she cant get to them when ready

Thinking of you Harvey it is never easy.

Hope everything is a little better in y our neck of the woods LG.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone, Sorry I am late today. Have been organizing Steve, getting him to clear up some of his rubbish that has been accumulating on the patio.

Lynn, you seem to be very busy today, hope it all goes well. Harvey do hope you and your OH and Casey are ok. Does the vet know why Lara died? Was it purely old age?

Have a good day everyone, stay cool and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Does the vet know why Lara died? Was it purely old age?

No, she can't have been older than eight, most likely her lungs, in July 2017 they did an X-ray and the left lung was bad, we were offered a CT scan at Newmarket Animal Research unit at close to £3,000 but that would not have been a cure, anyway the A/B's she went on seemed to clear the problem but obviously it just came back. Will know more on Monday.

Thank you all for such kind thoughts, it was very weird doing the weekly shop this morning, OH pushes the trolley round the supermarket and I walk along the river. Didn't feel right without Lara but will have to get used to it.

Have scanned yesterdays thread might pop back tonight depending on what else I have to do, bye for now.

P.S.
See Lynn, I said you would be in new home by Christmas
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2018, 02:33 PM
Awww Harvey, I feel so bad for you xx
Hi to everyone, nothing to report here except so far today no banging from next door..... there's time yet
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2018, 04:53 PM
Evening everyone.

Harvey it is bound to feel like that for a long while yet. Big hugs to all.
Sue hope Teazle is feeling better.
griff glad there is no banging today.

Well last viewing possibly out of the way seems to of been non stop since last Saturday. Lovely young couple with a teenage daughter renting in Enfield want to move due to all the knife crime. Seemed very taken but no call as yet about an offer from them so maybe not quite their cup of tea, she was worried about the oil heating which i assured her I was in the beginning to.
We shall see.

We did a drive by today of 4 possible contenders for viewing all of them crossed off our list not such nice areas we felt ad a very small bungalow in a nice area with very little room to park.

We do have these we are viewing tomorrow.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-72203468.html
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-52589763.html
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-55031031.html

These on Monday.
Possibly this one waiting for confirmation of appointment. Over our budget but agent reckons there is a deal to be done.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-55075326.html
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-73916444.html
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2018, 05:13 PM
If you go for that first one on Mondays list are you going to get Gorden a sit on mower.....that lawn is mahoosive!!! I do like the over budget one though... it's because it's detached I think, I would love to be detached
Cheeky gits next door used my bin.. again, despite there being a note on the bin, my dad fetched all the rubbish out and put it I their brown bin with the lid left up so they can see...they had put plastic bottles in it too and they are recyclable
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Oooh flippin cheek griff.
Gorden has always wanted a sit on mower.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >