Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2017, 09:29 AM

Daily Thread, Christmas Eve, Sunday 24th December

Good morning all Merry Christmas Eve. I hope you are all well and ready for tomorrow. Shall be glad when it is over and done personally , bit of a bah humbug mood at the moment as my feet are killing me. Have taken ibuprofen but not much improvement.

How was Gill later in the day Lynn, hope she is feeling better for being at home.

How's your mum now Griff is she feeling better?

Glad to hear Tony is feeling a bit better Mandy.

Harvey hope Casey is a lot better poor dog and Lara hopefully fully recovered from her neck problem.

Brenda, Sue and Barry, Norma, Jenny and Brian, Kazzi and June lets hope you are all in fine fettle and ready for the big day tomorrow.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all stay safe and well, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope your feet soon improve Moyra but in the meantime time t rest and enjoy your Christmas.

Hope Gill is better now she has been home a couple of days.

Dull and damp rain here. Turkey stuffed and ready for tomorrow, a chocolate mousse cake made and veg done for todays lunch.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Very chilly and breezy here today.

I am afraid Gill is not doing so well. Had a call from Peter earlier she is not eating cannot even keep water down. They have had a terrible time since she came home Thursday, sickness, diarrhea no district nurses when Peter rang for help as she has to be re-referred due to being in hospital.
Carers as expected not medically trained. Neill and Linda were over yesterday and looked after her during the night so Peter could get some sleep.
They then went back to their hotel this morning for some rest. Peter tried 111 there systems are down his last resort is the emergency doctor he feels if he calls them in they will re-admit her not what any of us want over christmas but if it has to be then so be it.
I am hoping she has caught a bug from the hospital but Peter feels it isn't he heard her talking to Linda and apparently the doctor in the hospital asked her what her plans were now she is near the end. She said nothing because I am not and do not want to think about it.
So at the moment not looking good at all waiting for more news later in the day.

I hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Awww Lynn, not much i can say but hugs are sent your way
Moyra, mum still has headaches and basically is just horrible. My dad is a idiot too and i am trying desperately to come up with a plan to leave
My brother arrives today too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Thank you griff.

Hope your christmas isn't spoiled to much with all that's going on.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2017, 11:41 AM
It'll be o.k Lynn, i just hope Gill has a comfortable Christmas
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Merry Christmas one and all xxx

Lynn, I'm so sorry to hear that Gill isn't doing well. It is devastating for all concerned, most of all Gill as I'm sure she is torn between wanting to be home, but knowing that she is causing distress to others.

I do hope she settles down enough to let her have a peaceful Christmas that she can, if not so much enjoy, at least feel easier by being at home. She's used to fighting so it must be terribly hard for her.

Love, peace and joy to all and hope it's all you want it to be xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Thank you Chris.

Not long back from picking Michael up from Kings Lynn and having a wander and some lunch out.
Not at all festive easy to park and no crowds.
No messages as of yet from Peter. So hoping all is well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Fingers crossed no news is good news
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Hi all and season's greetings.
We all went out for a nice lunch. A glass of wine and an afternoon nap would have been welcomed - but we, I and that beast, strolled for an hour or so before it got too dark. Not a soul about.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >