Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 06:23 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, July 8th

Good morning everyone, not so bright this morning and I fear we are going to get rain so best get Amber out early.

Griff, sorry your dad is being an old f*rt. He is probably trying to protect you. Dad's are very protective of their daughters. Carry on and enjoy yourself.

June, I am so sorry you are having so much worry over Zen, bless her little heart. Hope you can get her sorted one way or another.

1cd, thank you for your good wishes for me tomorrow. I just pray it goes ahead this time if it doesn't I shall tell them not to bother I shall live with it. Steve is getting pee'd off with it all affecting his work life.

Lynn, hope you hear back from that woman about the Mazda and she just wasn't making up the excuse about her son having an accident because if she was may she reap the karma of that lie.

Hope everyone else is all ok. Do take care, have a great day and stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 06:44 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow I have to get Dillon out today and earlier as I am out with Beth at 10.30. We will get wet though it's raining.
How are you feeling today Moyra ?
No news as yet from that woman have had a silly offer though from someone different so I have sent a counter offer. We shall see what happens.
June It is worrying you isn't it this pano business as it would worry me. Might it be worth looking for some GSD articles about it ? Have your girls got GSD in their genes ? I would be like you totally confused and frustrated. I will see if I can find anyone who has had this with their Bernese in the groups I belong to and how they dealt with it.
griff dad's forget we grow up into women even when we have left home and have children of our own. Plus the older men get the grumpier old gits they get. Listen to your mum she will deal with your dad and he will get over it.
He has lived his life how he has chosen you must do the same.
You deserve a nice man to look after and love you don' let the chance slip by because your dad is sulking about it.

Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Found this but cannot remember if I have sent it before.
http://www.peteducation.com/article....2+2084&aid=466
it seems it's more common than I realised most people have cut down the protein or even switched from raw to a costco brand of kibble till it cleared up and the long bones and growth spurts had stopped. Restricted exercise as your doing and buffered aspirin for the pain is also what some do.
It was mentioned it switched legs in some cases. It seems it's inflammation in the long bones when they have a rapid growth spurt. Of course this is people who have also researched and found a solution out of their research that worked for them.
Funny thing is most fed raw or a dehydrated raw diet which some feel is the main cause as the protein content is possibly a lot higher in dehydrated or freeze dried.
I know your feeling is no kibble that would be mine too but it does give you an idea maybe of the protein issue. This conversation is someone with a GSD. It has been said by others it can come and go till the long bones have fused and the growing has stopped.
Not sure if that is any help or more confusing.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Good morning everyone,
Moyra- good luck tomorrow and hope everything goes well for you.
Lynn hope that woman gets back to you today or at least someone with a reasonable offer, the person with the silly offer could just be trying it on.
TW hope you get some answers with Zen. I can imagine you must be so worried (( hugs))
Griff I think that's just your dads way of dealing with the fact you've found someone who makes you happy, and chooses to forget you are not a teenager anymore ignore him he'll get over it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 07:24 AM
Morning Mandy that will be the 3rd silly offer in two weeks.

Just read some sad news the bernese we met that Dillon's breeder bred and belonged to her good friend has gone to the bridge today aged 10.1/4.
Moose he was huge in every way and we feel he was our test from Lynn it was his 5th birthday when we met him. A great ambassador for his breed.
I will get in touch with Dillon's breeder today as I expect she is also very upset and ask if they are related. Sat here blubbing at the moment.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 08:11 AM
Commiseration Lynn, it's like loosing a friend. Good age for a Bernese I would think. God rest his soul and let him run free, R.I.P.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Morning all
you are all right...it is my dads problem, not mine...mum spoke to him last night and he reckons he was joking...he wasn't but mum has told him whats what Lol
Lynn, that is what really narks me about selling cars, the being messed about and people offering ridiculous amounts of money
TW, i hope you can get someone who can sort Zen out...maybe this is why she was destined to stay with you?
Moyra, how are you feeling today? are you worried about tomorrow or just want it over and done with
hi ya Mandy...have you done your packing yet? Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Gosh it's muggy out there very overcast to. Got to convince Dillon to come inside soon so I can get ready to go out. Fan on already for him cooling the room.
Us mum's usually have a way of dealing with grumpy dad's griff.
You know it's going to happen the silly offers still winds me up when it does.
It is a good age for a Bernese Moyra but Dillon's breeders lines have made a good older than that. 14 almost 15.
Mark has gone very quiet he managed to ring the school but hasn't answered my question yet and says he hasn't had time to ring the council yesterday hoping he will do that today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Good morning

Hope i stays dry for you today Moyra and my thoughts are with you for tomorrow

Enjoy your day out with Beth Lynn and hope you soon get a good offer for the car. I hate these people who offer stupid money just a waste of space.

Have a good weekend Mandy and hope you both enjoy yourselves.

Ignore your dad Griff your mums right just think of yourself and as long as you are happy he should be too. Unfortunately I think dads worry more about their daughters than sons.

Thinking of Zen and you June and hope it all resolves itself as quickly as possible.

Dry here at the moment though overcast. Washing out and drying in the breeze and hoovering done. Barry is out playing in the garage and hoping the floor turns up today for his trailer.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 09:05 AM
Morning all.
Overcast and drizzly here. My Gdaughter has her first professional photo shoot today since leaving uni. A wedding at Cockington, a beautiful country park in Torquay. I hope the sun comes out for her and the bride
Take care everyone and Moyra all the very best for tomorrow, I will be thinking of you xx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »