Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
They shouldn't BE doing that job----it is illegal.

If it happened while they were being excercised it makes it worse IMO. I don't think it did though if they are suggesting they let people know where they are hunting in future.

rune
It happened in Ireland, rune, where fox hunting is still legal
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
It happened in Ireland, rune, where fox hunting is still legal
Oh---sorry. Teach me to read things more thoroughly.

rune
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Because hunts will have schedules for their seasons calender.. they will hunt in place a, on said date and b, c ,d on another, they would normally inform any of the surrounding land owners that the hunt will be around on day such and such.
They don't inform us
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 09:43 PM
They didn't inform us either.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I think the clue is in 'land owners'. Local farmers will know if they allow the hunt over their land.

rune
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Those who hunt should no longer be seeing anything ripped apart-----they should be following a laid scent.

However they are seeing it as the hounds 'mistakenly' follow a fox scent. Very like the otter hounds hunting mink and catching otters by mistake.

rune
if i wanted to i could name lots of active hunts that still go out with a plan to hunt foxes and that will never change

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Huntsmen/women do not do it because 'it has to be done' - they do it because they ENJOY it.
that comment is not on imo, some huntrs do it as a way of fox controlle and for that reason only

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
They didn't inform us either.

they inform farmers ect, you cant expect them to tell every member of the public that they will be in the area
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
they inform farmers ect, you cant expect them to tell every member of the public that they will be in the area
and while ever they don't, repetitions of the link in the original post will keep on happening unless and until there is a ban in Ireland and the ban in England is enforced more rigorously
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Agree. From the article:

"A spokesman for the hunt says they were devastated by what happened and are taking it very seriously.

He says in future home owners will be made aware of any hunts near them."

So anyone with a hunt around will get this 'warning' and presumably have to decide whether to keep all their pets indoors, just in case? Why should they have to, just because these people want to go around killing foxes and clearly can't control their dogs?

In a 'usual' situation, i.e. walking your dog around the street, the onus would be on the dog owner, wouldn't it? Not to discharge responsibility by warning all the other pet owners that the dog was about to be walked off lead.
I think the clue is in 'land owners'. Local farmers will know if they allow the hunt over their land.

rune
It was the quote above that I answered which says home owners not land owners.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2012, 02:33 AM
QUOTE Marley123
[/QUOTE]

Why not, their dogs broke away from the pack, they not only killed a middle-aged family pet in a most horrendous way, they were also trespassing on private ground so yes I do think everyone has a right to know where & when they are going to be rampaging through the countryside near their private property.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Why not, their dogs broke away from the pack, they not only killed a middle-aged family pet in a most horrendous way, they were also trespassing on private ground so yes I do think everyone has a right to know where & when they are going to be rampaging through the countryside near their private property.[/QUOTE]

do you also want to know everytime somone walks their dogs near you incase they run on to your property,

i bet you dont tell the land owners every single time you walk your dogs
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >