Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kayjon
New Member!
Female 

11-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Interesting article by Suzanne Clothier which is relevant to this thread...
Love the Article.It is quite true.
My own dogs are not schtz. trained but they are "Whoa" trained. On 2 seperate occasions people have walked in my house by "accident". The dogs were on the way to "get them". I called them off and they sat where they were.People are amazed how much eye contact they give me.We connect but that started the day I brought them home.They are taught voice and hand command at the same time from the first day.They learned to watch me-probably because of that.They are German Shepherds(Chec and German lines)they have "drive" and they have "whoa".They are allowed to protect me but they WILL stop if I say.
They go to nursing homes,and play with kids and leave my farm animals alone.Drive is good IF IT IS CONTROLLED.
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I do not remember as I did NOT attend ANY seminar in Ireland, so if you wish to challenge the veracity of my statements and my honesty, go ahead.

Which seminar, what location in Ireland, which trainer, what date?

I have a list of ALL seminars I have ever attended and Ireland is conspicuous by its absence, as is Scotland.

I am really getting a little tired of these accusations, I do not care WHAT list you have, but I have NEVER attended a dog training seminar in IRELAND.

For heaven's sake, why would I LIE?!
The reason I said you were there is because you said you were

See what you said below.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=135569&page=66

Hmmm, could you say what was so awful about this seminar because I attended it (as an observer) and did not see anything horrible happen to any of the dogs?

(That is not to say I am a supporter of E collars, but as I was present during the whole weekend and a) there were very few dogs used and b) of those not all had e collars on!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 10:49 PM
I said I was at a seminar with ecollars, it was in UK, with Bart Bellon, Solihull, I repeat, I have NEVER ATTENDED A SEMINAR OF ANY KIND IN IRELAND.

So I have no idea what attendee list you have, but either you are confusing me with somebody else OR the list is incorrect.

If I was at a seminar, all the other attendees would know................
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 10:57 PM
I said I was at a seminar with ecollars, it was in UK, with Bart Bellon, Solihull, I repeat, I have NEVER ATTENDED A SEMINAR OF ANY KIND IN IRELAND.

So I have no idea what attendee list you have, but either you are confusing me with somebody else OR the list is incorrect.

If I was at a seminar, all the other attendees would know................
As I said before and quoted you. It was you that said that you attended the seminar I was talking about. I am not confusing you with anybody else and really do not care if you were there or not.

It was not Bart Bellon. I really cannot remember who it was as I have no interest in the training methods this person used.

Obviously you were mistaken when you said that you attended.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 11:11 PM
We were obviously talking at cross purposes, thus I am correct, I was not in Ireland, I did not attend a seminar in Ireland and your attendee list is inaccurate.

Obviously you are mistaken in the belief that I attended the seminar you did, and so is whoever made up the attendee list!

I CARE if I was there, as I take umbrage at being called a liar!
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 11:15 PM
We were obviously talking at cross purposes, thus I am correct, I was not in Ireland, I did not attend a seminar in Ireland and your attendee list is inaccurate.

Obviously you are mistaken in the belief that I attended the seminar you did, and so is whoever made up the attendee list!

I CARE if I was there, as I take umbrage at being called a liar!
You really are one to try and twist what is said!!!

I did NOT say you were on the list of people attending. I said that I had one!!

I did not say you were a liar. I quoted you saying that you were there when you now say you were not.

I really do not care whether you were or not and have absolutely no intention of wasting my time digging out the list because it does not matter.

It is you that was mistaken saying you were at a seminar that you were not and questioning my experience of it.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Replace the word Schutzhund with Gundog Training, etc.

Dogs are regularly zapped with e collars by SOME gundog trainers.

Pinch collars can be seen on virtually ALL pointers and setters and KC licensed Field Trials.

Exhibitors at Breed Shows, Agility Shows and Obedience Shows have been seeing kicking and abusing their dogs.

I am not sure where your belief comes from that I have attended a training day in Ireland?

The only time I have been to Ireland to attend any canine events is a) to exhibit at a breed show and b) to judge a Working Trial.

Of COURSE idiots get hold of dogs; they also get hold of guns; cars, knives etc, and maim and kill people with them.

Maybe we should ban cars and knives.....................
Do you have any stats for these statements?

How many FTs is this "virtually all" based on and what percentage do you class as virtually all?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 12:27 AM
I can see why people would train in pp.
I think you would need to really know your dog well though. Someone once told me they trained a dog in pp but felt that the dog could easily become a liability if he wasn't constantly watching his reaction. For example, if someone in the pub slapped him on the back...
I suppose it would be pretty cool to train a PP dog of your own
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 12:32 AM
I think of PP as different from Sch...
Where would you start if you wanted to train your dog in PP (i mean if you want to do this properly, who, where, whens...)?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Have read SB's comment on the other thread. It clearly states that you attended the seminar abbie is referring to, it is not
Mentioned that it was elsewhere. Not cross wires, the original post just wasn't clear or honest. By not saying the seminar attended was held elsewhere there was deception as the poster was clearly trying to imply she knew more about the seminar abbie was referring to than she actually did. These things always come back to haunt you in the end.
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »