Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I am not sure what the meaning of the question is.

Do you mean

Are there dogs from kennels you hope you could own if you could afford it/if the breeder approved of you?
Why would a dog from any particular kennel/line but out of reach?
i think it means the bit in bold. but maybe you couldnt afford etc... i dont know.. but i have specific breeders i would go to in certain breeds, e.g. one of the weim breeders you reccomended to me
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 08:44 PM
If I was going to get another Lab, and it was to be from a breeder as opposed to a rescue, then the first breeder I would approach would probably be Driffwold:
http://driffwold.weebly.com/index.html

I don't know enough about other breeds to single out any one kennel or breeder, though that being said, I am still hoping to get a GSD puppy in a year or so, assuming that Dex's reactivity is under control. So I do spend a bit of time looking at websites of GSD breeders and making a note of which ones do all the health tests and which dogs I like the look of etc.
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 09:01 PM
it would depend on what lines are available that are Ursus free and what country I went to ie if Serbia then Darko Popovic - kennel Feetback if I went to Italy then I would go to kennel Casa Nobli, if Czech I would get advice from Hans
With CPs I would like to get one from Regenia Bohemia kennel and Kennel Daraska I would also like one sired by Darri Stamo-Bud
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I am lucky enough to be able to have what I want...........
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Phew , you guys have done a lot of research on where to get the right dog from , wouldnt know where to start myself other that the local greyhound rescue with a breed history back to the 1800's , that will do for me !
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I am lucky enough to be able to have what I want...........
Re GSD I am talking a few years yet, when I get my next one but I always start looking well in advance; with the CPs I have no choice but go abroad none apart from mine over here lol
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I am very happy with Parker's breeding (Arkama) as he is such a fantastic temperament and healthy too.

I would like a "Balboa" Kerry Blue from Italy as they really are a blue colour. We saw them on Crufts footage one year and werre smitten.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I am very happy with Parker's breeding (Arkama) as he is such a fantastic temperament and healthy too.

I would like a "Balboa" Kerry Blue from Italy as they really are a blue colour. We saw them on Crufts footage one year and werre smitten.
Well a while ago I said on here that my experience of show bred kerries was that there were good temeraments out there.

One of the Kerry Kennels I know is Arkama kennels.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Well a while ago I said on here that my experience of show bred kerries was that there were good temeraments out there.

One of the Kerry Kennels I know is Arkama kennels.
Oh thanks. I have met Pat Munro at the Norfolk Show dog show in Norwich. She was very friendly.

Strangely enough you may remember that we were offered a 3 year old Kerry bitch from a breeder (not Pat) and she was really beautiful but Jamie said no as she was not dog-friendly?

Anyway, at agility class last week I spoke to someone whose friend bought this dog (small world) and it is a nightmare-it attacks every other dog apparently. I am so glad we didn't have this one as think how stressful walks would be and Izzy doesn't have much in the looks department bless her but she is nice-temperament with other dogs which was a main criteria in choosing our new dog.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2