Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 02:51 PM

1st PAT visit - check!

Well, we finally managed to get a visit sorted! It's 2 bus rides away, but neither long so not too shabby. We'll be visiting every other week and today was the preliminary visit to sort out paper work, etc.

We got the first bus with no problem as it's one we get often...had a lovely old indian man who was telling me how lovely Axel was and how you just have to love animals and they'll love you back - he went on to tell me he was both a doctor and a bollywood film producer back in India with his own elephant and ostrich...you get the idea

Second bus fine, met several lovely older people and Axel was working his magic. Had a nice old lady tell me where to get off, only for me to turn round as the bus went past me to see her and her friend frantically pointing the other way, bless them!

Took Axel for a little walk to let him toilet and settle after the buses (they're not his favourite thing, prefers trains)...met the activities leader and she led us to a room we could wait. We got a lovely tour of the facilities (Axel stuck his head in every room) and got to meet some residents, one lady in particular loved meeting Axel, she told me all about her westies and said she's had terriers all her life Sadly the previous Greyhound who visited there passed away recently, so they were all happy to see another one

He took a few minutes to settle, but chilled out well. He was friendly and gentle with all he met and I'm pleased with how he did. We only got 1 bus back, and walked the rest home and took a lovely walk through West Park (one of our favourites)...didn't get any pictures on the visit as I have to get photo permission and it was my first time... but I got a couple in the park I'm so proud of him

Love this dog squillions

So handsome
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Awwww lovely thanks for sharing, well done Axel
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Congratulations, PAT is a very worthwhile cause and the visits will make you appreciate your dog even more.
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Aaaw, well done to you both!

He is lovely!! xx
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys It does make me appreciate him and how far he's come. When I first got him I didn't think he'd ever be ready or capable, he was so nervous of new people, especially men. But he's come a long way and now says hello ever so gently, tail wagging and making them fall under his spell
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Well done Axel!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Well done to you both!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Aww well done!

I am ashamed to say me and Alfie haven't been anywhere yet but work at the moment runs in shifts, changing every week and so can't commit to a certain time/day to go yet and I would rather I could!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Well done Axel

Hope you both had a good day
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 07:49 PM
well done axel and you !!!