View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi Shadowboxer,

If it is to include working retrieving dogs that collect the game that has been shot and that has been shot for food and not competition or sport then I think that is alright

I can't ever agree on using a dog in killing or even holding an animl down until the hunter gets there to shoot it

If there were a section just for hunting that included using dogs in such a way I would have to leave because I feel it would be promoting something that goes against what I believe. Obviously if the majority of people want to have something like that who am I to say no - but I feel its my right to express how I feel and how I would react to it

I have never been a person to keep my thoughts to myself and I am not a close minded person in any way - but there are some things I have to make a stand about because I feel too strongly about it
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2005, 11:32 AM
No-one can fault you for holding true to your beliefs Emm.

I think we shall just have to wait for an Admin decision on this.

SB
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I agree with you on that SB
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Emm, i ahve beliefs i dont particually like showing dogs, but i wouldnt leave the forum jsut because we have a section for it. There are many people on board who dont like people breeding dogs, they dont leave the board. I could go on forever, but i wont.
We all have our own and different beliefs and the beuty of DW, or so i belived was that nobody on board is judged for these beliefs. What one person does with their dogs differs greatly to what another does. It is called diversity and without the world would be a boring place, differnt opinions and differnt beliefs are what amke the world turn, without the world would be boring.
England is a free country, freedom of speech, freedom of thought etc. Thus people should to an extent have a freedom to use theri dogs for what they desire.
I do not mean for puppy farming, fighting etc. I simply mean it is up to the individula.

Now please note we do not want to loose you, through the forum having a section for dogs that are used in 'the field' but nor do we want to loose, shun or single out those people who want this section of the forum or whom use their dogs in such ways.

Sorry if i have offended anyone, but this is just my frank opinion
Best wishes
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Lu-1 so you wouldn't be happy if there were puppy farmers or people who fight dogs? - you see we all have something that crosses the line

and I am in Scotland which is a part of Britain ( England does not exist by itself )

and no we don't live in a free country and no we cannot do as we please - if that were the case there would be no laws
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Good article AMTS, I will finish mine later today hopefully.
Dawn.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
No-one can fault you for holding true to your beliefs Emm.

I think we shall just have to wait for an Admin decision on this.

SB
I agree Sb no one will be able to accept the other point of view, and i think thats great that we all have our own views on this matter and its nice that we can discuss such issues without fighting...but in the end we will be going around in circles, im sure Azz will decide whats best for the forum and us in the end
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Ems, why do you not tell us why you feel as you do, what reason you have and how you would wish problems like injured wild animals to be dealt with. That is all we (I) want, free discussion and a chance to learn from others. We are not trying to undermine your ideals but it would be nice to try and understand them. Once you start restricting peoples access to others opinions you are curbing the chance to learn, something that I feel very strongly about, it is surely wrong to restrict the open discussion on a Forum that is dedicated to all dogs and their activities.

Yes, I would put my feeling on dog fighting very strongly as I feel it is cruel and unnecessary, just as I would defend the need to manage the countryside if it is to continue as we would wish and not become a wilderness or a ghost landscape on which only the cultivated grain moves.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Its very complicated and hard to explain why I think the way I do but I will try my very best to explain ( and yes there should be freedom to express your views - this is what we are all doing just now and in an adult way without resorting to personal attacks - - but if it had its own section then it wouldn't be that case at all )

Alright here are my thoughts and beliefs:

I believe we are all born with a soul and I also believe that all animals are born with a soul. I don't view the human race as being superior to animals - I think we are here to live with nature and nurture and protect it.

All too often people think they are the head of the food chain which means animals don't have any or much rights or if they do as long as it dosen't upset the human race too much.

People are too fast to judge and make decisions about who and what are more important a pet animal is more important than a wild animal etc
How can you honestly say that it is alright for a dog to tear apart and kill say a fox? what makes that alright ? why is it then not alright to have a dog tear apart another dog? whats the difference? both the dog and the fox are animals both feel fear and pain why is one more entitled to rights than the other?

I find it hard to try and explain why I feel the way I do maybe one day I will learn how to write it properly
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=Emm]Its very complicated and hard to explain why I think the way I do but I will try my very best to explain ( and yes there should be freedom to express your views - this is what we are all doing just now and in an adult way without resorting to personal attacks - - but if it had its own section then it wouldn't be that case at all )

You and I are arguing from the same side Em, I do not see who those who work with their dogs who happen to fall into the Gundog, Hound and Terriers groups should be swept into a special section away from the rest of the forum. Why do you think things would change if it had its own section, heaven forbid, do you really think we are so uncivilised that we have no control over what we say and no concern for others feeling.

As to the rest of what you say, I will not reply now as on the surface it seems somewhat idealistic and non practical but I will read again and again and see if I can understand more before asking further questions.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >