Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 08:54 PM

Three dog free days

I've agreed to leave my baby with my parents for THREE WHOLE DAYS and pop over to their new house in Ireland in a coulple of weeks. I'm practicing being devastated already. I'm with Loki most of every day and evening and I've never spent a night away from him.

I've told my parents I'll write everything down else they'll feed him on choccie biscuits and God only knows what else.
It's going to be sooooo hard. I know it sounds daft but I'm dreading going.

Thing is - I just know he'll have a ball and not miss me at all.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 08:57 PM
aw try not to worry he will be fine!! but i know how you feel i hate leaving the dogs too! but there be in safe hands and have plenty of fun!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 09:01 PM
It's okay - I've been consoling myself all weekend with lots of bread, cheese, wine and tonight - a MAGNUM! :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
There goes me summer figure
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 09:04 PM
you are exactly right - they dont have the whole missing you guilt !!
I do worry when I amnt with him thou !!
He totally makes a song and dance when I get back - you would think he was neglected when in fact he gets treated like royalty when I amnt there as my in laws feed him like a king !!

just think of all the attention when you get back and beleive me you will begin to wish for the dog free time once youve been back a few days !! Think of those lie-ins without cold wet nose to wake you up !!

dani
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
Think of those lie-ins without cold wet nose to wake you up !!

dani
:smt089 :smt089 :smt089
More choccie required!

Although ... a lie in would be novel - the first since November when we got him .....
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Im sure he will be fine and will no doubt make you feel guilty when you get home.
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Oh poor lucky star. I know how you feel. I would never leave khera with anyone, i'd rather have her in kennels. She has a sensitive tummy and when i say don't feed her that, people think they know best. Also too many people say she should be let off the lead and could never forgive someone if anything happened to her. I'm sooo protective of her but then she can be quite a problem dog. I'm sure Loki will be fine and you must make sure you enjoy yourself. Just think of the big cuddles you'll get when you get home.xx
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Vix
Oh poor lucky star. I know how you feel. I would never leave khera with anyone, i'd rather have her in kennels. She has a sensitive tummy and when i say don't feed her that, people think they know best. Also too many people say she should be let off the lead and could never forgive someone if anything happened to her. I'm sooo protective of her but then she can be quite a problem dog. I'm sure Loki will be fine and you must make sure you enjoy yourself. Just think of the big cuddles you'll get when you get home.xx
I'm exactly the same...

It also doesn't help that even if Keena is left with people she knows very well, I.E even my mum, she is just completly unconsolable when we try to leave her and will spend the whole time we are gone pacing the house looking in every room and howling until we return. She just does not want to be with anybody but us...She is fine around strangers and people she knows while we are there with her but if we leave she doesn't want to know them at all...It has made leaving her really hard and as a result we haven't been able to leave her for more than about 5hrs with someone but we are gradualy working on it.

Takoda doesn't mind to terribly much and just gets on with it for the most part.

LS, Hope you have a great time away for your three days, I bet Loki will be just fine
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww poor you

I'm leaving Luna for the first time in august, when I'm coming over. Its from early saturday morning till late sunday night. I most certainly aint looking forward to leaving her
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Just visited my parents and even more worried now.
"Oh don't worry, we'll look after him."
I'm sure I saw a malicious glint in her eye ....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >