View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ravenwood
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Actually, I don't believe a word of that last update - I demand video evidence of two arm waving, crazed ladies and a bemused looking pony!!!

ETA: Only posted that as an excuse to use the smilies that I have just discovered!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
Actually, I don't believe a word of that last update - I demand video evidence of two arm waving, crazed ladies and a bemused looking pony!!!

ETA: Only posted that as an excuse to use the smilies that I have just discovered!!!
Well done
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 12:06 PM
What a great morning

I got to thinking that Jimmychoo is a pony much like the Border Collies....he needs things to do
Now I found he likes ''search the pony nuts''...really he loves the game.
So today in the pouring rain I tried ''touch'' so he had to touch to gain a pony nut.

At first he must of thought ''WOT'' but after 10 mins he ready got it, it really was funny.
So there I am now soaking wet, showing a slip rope with Touch he nosed it and gained a treat.
Then the leading rope...Touch..treat
Headcollar...Touch...treat.
Then back to sliprope,again the lead rope again the headcollar. I even mixed them up and he got it he's a smart boy and all this is trust building all the time, each time Im stroking, reassuring and he's starting to gain the confidence that he isn't going to be beaten with the rope.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
What a great morning

I got to thinking that Jimmychoo is a pony much like the Border Collies....he needs things to do
Now I found he likes ''search the pony nuts''...really he loves the game.
So today in the pouring rain I tried ''touch'' so he had to touch to gain a pony nut.

At first he must of thought ''WOT'' but after 10 mins he ready got it, it really was funny.
So there I am now soaking wet, showing a slip rope with Touch he nosed it and gained a treat.
Then the leading rope...Touch..treat
Headcollar...Touch...treat.
Then back to sliprope,again the lead rope again the headcollar. I even mixed them up and he got it he's a smart boy and all this is trust building all the time, each time Im stroking, reassuring and he's starting to gain the confidence that he isn't going to be beaten with the rope.
That's absolutely brilliant Am so glad JC is doing so well and gaining confidence, it's all due to your love, time and patience too, well done what you're doing is amazing xx
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2011, 12:33 PM
WOW! Fab news! He's really coming on leaps and bounds with you isn't he!? I think he luuuuurves his new mommy

xoxox
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
That's absolutely brilliant Am so glad JC is doing so well and gaining confidence, it's all due to your love, time and patience too, well done what you're doing is amazing xx
I thought so, Im going to continue and see if I can eventually teach him to count.....watch this space if I do I'll video it
Originally Posted by Sarah88 View Post
WOW! Fab news! He's really coming on leaps and bounds with you isn't he!? I think he luuuuurves his new mommy

xoxox
He does, he comes running over at speed when I call him....just stands 2 ft away when he stops
But he's getting closer and closer as each day passes
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 04:47 PM
sounds like you and JC are making excellent progress together, welldone xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
sounds like you and JC are making excellent progress together, welldone xx
Thank you hun xxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 07:32 PM
'touch this evening'

well have to say the boy has a brain he was eating his tea, when he suddenly spotted the bum-bag, we actually saw the look of '''Oh yes I remember whats in there''' he left his bucket and over he came

Well we had a game of touch, he only spooked once and that was when he saw the leadrope attached to the headcollar, but he overcome and touched.

Have to say with two kids running around, Magic being groomed and moving about and Billybob trotting alongside the kids....plus a gun going off with the hunters in the woods...... he did really really well, overcoming all the '''' scarey nasty monsters ''
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:12 PM
He's been here before that Jimmy Choo!!! clever lad, and I must say he has you wrapped round his little hoof!!

well done sis xxx
Page 5 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »