View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 06:42 PM
So we do not know if it is indeed true or not....
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Nope, nothing was done to prove it! I can sort of believe that a fox 'could' be brave enough to do it, I would like to think they wouldnt, but we all know how things have changed. Alot of people i have spoke to seem to think its some sort of lie, and that it was infact a dog, maybe even a family dog, and they were trying to save the dogs life by blaming a fox..who knows, apart from them...
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 06:54 PM
I can't believe it either and why would you keep your back door open at approx 10pm at night, your children are asleep in bed and you live in a high crime area? It doesn't sound right to me.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2010, 07:19 PM
I have been quite vocal in my defence of the urban foxes and they have been around in London in huge numbers for decades and I don't see why anyone disbelieves the parents to be honest, there has been no mention of a family dog, and as for having the back doors open at 10pm in London well why shouldn't they, the house looks as if it backs on to other gardens so is relatively secure. I'm a londoner and my back doors are open until I go to bed around 1a.m and I feel safe. It may not be normal for foxes to enter houses but that doesn't mean the parents are making it up, Jeez haven't they got enough to deal with without people assuming they're making the story up. Out of the ordinary things do happen ya know.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
No, its not "nature" nor is it "natural" for a Fox to be A, out in broad daylight, B, for it to attack an adult healthy Cat, and C, for it to be in an urban well populated area.

They need culling in huge numbers

I agree 100% with this. and that is not born of hysteria from this incident, the fox as other wild animals that breed profusely need to be kept under control.

The urban fox is becoming more of a problem, people feed them so they come looking for food, they lose fear of humans, and become more bold.

Have read through all the posts, and to be honest cant beleive some of the replies of disbelievement that a fox could possible do such a thing,

The parents must be lying, for what ever reason its their fault for leaving a door open on a warm evening, they should know better that by leaving a door open and foxes being in the area , that they are courting such an incident... "hindsight being a wonderful thing, is it not"!

Maybe now those who feed the cute cuddly fox that resembles their dog, will now realise, they are wild predators, they are opportunistic killers, and by inviting them into your gardens you will reap the benefits of their natural instinct .

London is not the only urban city to have a fox problem, it is nation wide, people feed them, but when they become a problem, its not "my" fault, but I want that pesky fox gone that scent marks all over my hedge and keeps me a wake at 3 am in the morning.

Sadly this incident has opened the eyes of many too the real fox, he is a wild animal, and no amount of good looks and free food will change that.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Just for the record I am born and bred Londoner too.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Of course noone knows whether it is true about the fox or not , but as for keeping doors open at 10pm at night with children asleep upstairs, particularly when living in a high crime area, I think it is careless and a risk.
http://www.pinnacle-psg.com/Services..._sub.php?id=17
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

13-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah it's an area where the poor and very rich live side by side. Still no reason to keep the doors shut on a very hot evening when the parents are both at home and awake.
Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 17 18 19 20