View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 07:30 PM
I hope it is reunited with its owner. I like ferrets, I wasn't implying that they all bite but as a frightened animal it might have.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 11:17 AM
my mum has a ferret, bertie, hes lovely and i fuss and stroke him when my mums holding his head! he doesnt bite my mum but obviously like the taste of me!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Well he made it through the night....
He is now in the shower LOL..We have a double shower unit..so thats his makeshift cage for now..he has a litter tray and a bed (handy having horses!) half of the cat carrier full of hay..and a cat food dish with chicken in it..

I held him and he made some funny noises but never bit..he's sooo cute!!!

Just off out to check pet shop windows for notices, then going to cut a bit off a tree to give him something to play on..

Here's Chucky (Lucky Chucky)

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Phew - sounds like a close call. I am not really a fan of ferrets, but glad he wasn't hurt.

I bet someone is missing him. Would it be worth speaking to near neighbours etc to see if anyone knows who he is? Will you keep him if no owner turns up?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 12:16 PM
gorgeous most polecats lurrve water!!
are you getting a bit smitten?
it needs red meat and high protein like your cat,just give it some of your cat food(but dont let your cat see !lol)
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 12:23 PM
LOL the cat is fed raw...I have some beef & kidney defrosting for him for later..(My mate who told me to catch it gets dog food from me and feeds his lot the dog food so thats easy LOL)

there is not a mark on him at all..I don't even think now the dogs touched him...I think they just maybe cornered him and made him squeal thru fright..

There is no one near us who keeps ferrets..he is quite skinny when he is stretched out so I wonder if he's been loose for a while...

He is here until Friday anyway..(unless I find owners in the meantime) I am smitten but in reality I know nothing about them and I am not that irresponsible to keep him because I want to..
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
LOL the cat is fed raw...I have some beef & kidney defrosting for him for later..(My mate who told me to catch it gets dog food from me and feeds his lot the dog food so thats easy LOL)

there is not a mark on him at all..I don't even think now the dogs touched him...I think they just maybe cornered him and made him squeal thru fright..

There is no one near us who keeps ferrets..he is quite skinny when he is stretched out so I wonder if he's been loose for a while...

He is here until Friday anyway..(unless I find owners in the meantime) I am smitten but in reality I know nothing about them and I am not that irresponsible to keep him because I want to..
they are easy to keep!!
if u have no cat food till later give give it a raw egg
they are long and slim also if uneutered will look more that way too.
think of it like a kitten not a pup and u will be fine.
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I have 2 ferrets, you can get ferret kibble for them, but as you are not planning on keeping the little one long your probably keen not to shell out money for extras.

Cat food is ok short term but not advised long term, they love a raw egg yolk and white mixed together but this is again only supposed to be once a week or so.

The beef and kidney will be much enjoyed, chop it up into tiny pieces for him and he will eat what he wants.

Another favourite toy is rustling bags...they can be left unattended with them as long as you chop through the handles so they cant get stuck.

Enjoy the fuzzy till friday
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-10-2009, 05:10 PM
a ferret and polecat are 2 different animals as well, the former is the domesticated evolution of the latter, as per dogs and wolves.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
a ferret and polecat are 2 different animals as well, the former is the domesticated evolution of the latter, as per dogs and wolves.
As I said I know nothing about them!..Hence the polecat/ferret title..

I would now call it a ferret as its a friendly wee thing..(but I didn't know that at the time!)

He is loving raw chicken and raw mince..so thats the menu for the rest of the week..

he is curled up in his hay bed..and now has a couple of branches to climb on and some toilet roll tubes and a tennis ball to play with LOL..
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »