Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 07:00 PM

Bit of a dilemma.....

My bitches breeder has asked me to have a litter from her. She did keep one of my girls litter sisters but for various reasons she is unable to continue her lines from her.
She would want one or maybe 2 from her if she did have a litter and has a waiting list for homes from her lines so that wouldnt be an issue.
Ive told her breeder that i will have a think about it and get back to her- but I am really unsure as to what to do...and if she did have a litter I would want to keep one- but dont know whether that is too much for me. And obviously there is the risk to my girl....I really dont know what to do... any help appreciated
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 08:28 PM
anyone....
paulinerich
New Member!
Female 

31-03-2009, 03:37 PM
hi

this is completely your choice, have you the room and the time for a litter of pups, can be costly with food and vets if they are needed but really if she wants the litter then she should help you out financially and lend her help with the litter. I assume she is finding the stud dog if so who is paying the stud fee, you need to sort out the finances ie who pays the stud fee and who gets the money from the pups, I suggest you get all this sorted out before you go, is it all being split down the middle. As she is experienced she should really be there when she gives birth incase you have problems. If she is going to give you full support then there is no reason why you shouldnt let her have a litter.

Pauline
paulinerich
New Member!
Female 

31-03-2009, 03:39 PM
hi again

what you should also think about is has your bitch (sorry dont your breed) had any health checks done that relate to your breed

Pauline
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi, thankyou. I have agreed to have a litter from her next december and we are drawing up a contract with a solicitor to safeguard us both. Yes she has had her health tests.