Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi One of my dogs used to catch flys,but unfortunately none of my other dogs,they do try but e used to catch them in one,They now sale domestic versions of those ultra violet that you see infood shops,I think they are a little kinder,.Gemini54
My Ben can, Tai is too slow now! Yes, I agree, those electrical zapper things are probably the kindest way - OH says he will get me one! If they are not too expensive.
Terriermon
New Member!
Male 

13-01-2016, 11:21 PM
I read half this thread then skipped to the end. Maybe this was said already, but you are all aware animals are slaughtered and chopped up and processed on a massive scale to feed your dogs right?

I am going to 'hunt' with my terriers, but in more controlled sports of barn hunt where the quarry is caged. I'm sure the cute fuzzy rat or bunny or whatever still has the living daylights scared out of it and probably thoroughly traumatized, but isn't killed, but I don't really care about rodents, I care more my dogs, and this is what they were bred for. I think denying an animal it's true nature because of your religious or personal beliefs is also cruel. Dogs are predatory animals.
Zach Mella
New Member!
Male 

29-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Cruel.....
That why we only feed our dogs vegetables and plants...
We would be accused of killing if we fed them anything else.
Zach Mella
New Member!
Male 

29-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
The rabbit, as a herbivore, and therefore carniverous prey, permanently lives on its wits, it is part of THEIR nature, just as it is part of my dogs' nature to kill and eat them.

You are being far too anthropomorphic Apache, and no harm in that, I understand and respect your point of view. But you must understand mine as well. We are all animals - kill or be killed if the fragility of civilisation were removed and we all had to live au naturel, on our wits and our ability to hunt for food, build shelter etc. etc.

Your example of being pursued by a grizzly conjures up a terrifying picture, I have to say! But the grizzly bear is only following HIS instinct, his desire to kill me for food (? not sure if grizzlies eat meat) and to protect his territory and his cubs. Whereas of course I would be absolutely **** scared, how could I condemn or "blame" the grizzly - he is after all following his natural instincts, and I am invading his territory so were I to be killed by this grizzly, then tough, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am not a hypocrite
x2.......thank you.
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-02-2016, 01:48 PM
This thread is 3 years old!
Zach Mella
New Member!
Male 

29-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by pitboy View Post
Hi I whould like to know why are you talking to yourself
Lack of Protein....
Zach Mella
New Member!
Male 

29-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
It's when they buzz it gets me - I have tried snipping their heads off with scissors to put them out of their misery, but I couldn't do it!
Now that's just plain cruel......
benaffleckonetime
New Member!
Female 

22-04-2016, 03:06 AM
Bone marrow ~= mass x area
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6