Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Our Future Plans

Well we have been researching and looking into other breeds with the view to a new addition,these plans have now changed and we have decided to stick with the breed we know so well and love dearly.

As you all know we lost our foundation bitch last weekend,by this I mean all our plans for breeding & continuing showing has gone down the tubes,as she had pyometra and needed to be spayed as an emergency.So she's just the lap dog now and a very much loved pet,as she was first off anyway!
It's a huge disappointment as we were hoping she was going to produce something special,we had plans to keep one or maybe even two pups back.We even knew what dog we would be using when the time came but it wasn't to be and thats that!

I enjoy showing and it seems a bit pointless now with Meg,show fees can be expensive and so is the cost of fuel and even if we did exceptionally well with her,there really isn't anything to be gained from it.

So our Plans for the future are to buy in another bitch pup,which we can show and hopefully be our foundation bitch if she's good enough,this won't happen though for a good few months....I think we'll be looking at Breeders and what they are producing with a view to buying in a pup after Christmas.We know all about the breed and what to expect, and we are aware of all the health issues in the SBT.

We have always had Black Brindles with the exception of Tyler,who's pied,so this time we are going to be looking at Reds.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Oh the excitement of looking, good luck, I hope you find what you want and it all goes to plan this time. Give Meg a hug from me.
Becky
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Good luck, I hope you find the one your looking for, I'm sure you will.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Good luck Sal.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Sorry to hear your foundation bitch had to be spayed Sal, I must have missed the thread you posted about her. What a huge shame, but I am so pleased she recovered, thank goodness.

Sid and I love Staffies - and in particular Reds. So am very much looking forward to seeing your new addition when you do get her.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post

I enjoy showing and it seems a bit pointless now with Meg,show fees can be expensive and so is the cost of fuel and even if we did exceptionally well with her,there really isn't anything to be gained from it.

Thats an odd way to look at it

Most people I know show because they enjoy it or because the dogs enjoy it..I don't know anyone who only shows because they want to breed from the dog.. yes it makes it a more suitable parent if it wins but surely the gain is wining and knowing your dog is a good specimen..

I was a bit shocked at your statement that you "lost" your foundation bitch..I thought you meant she had died..not that she just couldn't have puppies
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I just don't see the point in paying £20 plus for show entries and fuel costs on top,We do enjoy showing but been realistic we have nothing at all to gain from continuing with Meg.
Most people show then go onto breed if there dogs are good examples of there breed,that's why most people show.

She was brought in as a pet first and foremost and a possible foundation bitch,She has Excellent breeding and has been looked over by breed Judges,I did explain what I mean't in my OP.

She will ALWAYS have a home here,regardless of whether we can show or breed from her.Some Breeders would have found a pet home for her,not us,she will be here with us for the rest of her life.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I know people who show up and down the country with spayed bitches.. and they get placed and obviously have no intention of breeding..and another person I know has 6 dogs..shows them all and has only ever had one litter (and it was their stud dog not their bitch)..

I suppose everyone see's it from different points of view..I just think that not showing cos she cant breed anymore is a bit "off"..its like there is no point cos she can't have pups..
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Sal I'd like to say,I wish you good luck in the future and hope you find that special wee pup your looking for.I bet you'll have a ball searching as I know I would,xxxxxxxxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Sal I'd like to say,I wish you good luck in the future and hope you find that special wee pup your looking for.I bet you'll have a ball searching as I know I would,xxxxxxxxx
Thanks Lorraine,
We have a couple of kennels in mind,one of which owns Tylers Sire,they produce good pups.
I'll enjoy researching bloodlines....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >