Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 04:58 PM

Dog Leads

What dog leads do you all use, especially those of you that, like me have steam trains!!?

I'm after a thick, comfy lead that will help ease my sore wrists when Woody does his power surging, on lead walks!

Also, is anyone willing to come and live with us for a while and train him to walk nicely on lead? I will pay, anything!!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I was using Ezydog Cujo leads until Finn snapped his so have now moved onto the bungee pupee lead from Dog Games

http://www.dog-games.co.uk/shop/prod...ad+(Black).htm
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2009, 05:15 PM
I use the dogmatic "full non-slip " lead, had mine for yrs, they are rubber coated/encased , just like riding rains...

Wouldn`t use anything else.

http://www.dogmatic.org.uk/contents/en-uk/d8.html
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I use these.

http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/item...ead--haltilead

Such a flexible lead - great if you are using a harness and collar or if you want to tie them up (e.g. while at the pub - it means you don't have to unclip the lead to put it round something.

Really comfy to hold, the only drawback is that they hold the water when they get wet and then can really stink (but easily washable).

As for training him...I'm afraid you have to really work at it and be consistent if you want him to walk to heal...he has to learn that he's never ever going to get anywhere if he pulls.

I have to confess that i don't have the commitment - mine aren't on leads enough and when they are we're usually in a hurry to get somewhere so i just live with the pulling.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Try looking at the Halti lead, Pidge. It is made of a nice soft material and is double ended so lots of possibilities for length. I use them along with bog-standard nylon leads and slip rope leads but the Halti's are by far my favourite.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 06:07 PM
I use a Halti lead as I like the fact it can be different lenrhts and has a double clip. I have just got a fleece edged lead that is even longer, it was £9.50 from Dogs Trust (not made by them just stocked by them, think it's made by the same people who make the fleecy harnesses)...it must be about 9 foot....it's fab for Tango as again it can be different lengths and is double ended.

As for walking well on the lead, well have I mentioned Turid Rugaas' book before???? Have a look.

It just takes time, patience and consistency. Cosmo is a work in progress, like Hali he was rarely onlead so we didn't bother. Now he is onlead a little more and we visit places he has to be onlead...so we are working on it. He isn't bad to be honest. A work in progress still, but I think he always will be. Check the book out,it's fab
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I use training leads. Just normal webbing - nothing fancy. They have short padded handle leads for in the car too, so they don't get tangled with each other.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
What dog leads do you all use, especially those of you that, like me have steam trains!!?
Steam trains Know all about that, it's actually impossible to hold our two, the best we can do is have one each and that just about works.

If you're thinking about long leads you could consider horse leads My brother (Who is heavily into horses) had some surplus and gave them to me, they are very thick and strong and I adjusted the lengths so we have a short(ish) one and long(ish) one. Just an idea, I expect someone will say it's the wrong way to go but works for us.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I use Halti Leads - they`re adjustable for length and are double ended so it`s easy to park the dog. And they`re very soft.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 07:07 PM
i use Ruffwear leads for mine nice and comfy and adjustable lengths also handy for tieing around pub table legs

http://www.4activedogs.co.uk/flat-ou...dog-1129-p.asp
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >