Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 10:49 PM

Liverpool woman trained dog to attack police

A LIVERPOOL woman trained her dog to attack young children and police officers in a neighbourhood she terrorised.

Kelly Jones, who used her Labrador and Staffordshire bull terrier cross “as a weapon”, was branded a menace by police and housing bosses today.

The 32-year-old was handed a two-year anti-social behaviour order (Asbo) to stop her causing more misery around Aigburth.

The ECHO learned how Jones:

Taught 3ft-high Zeko to attack police and anyone wearing fluorescent clothing;

Launched foul-mouthed tirades against people who politely asked her to put the animal on a leash;

Told a wary police officer the dog was only snarling at him because of his “****ing uniform”;

Once targeted a mum collecting her three children, all under 10, from school and let Zeko run out of control, scaring the woman so much she picked up one of the youngsters and fled as the dog chased them down the road.

Jones’ loutish behaviour was notorious around the Beechwood Road estate where she lived.

For four years, she was regularly seen staggering in the street drunk or high on drugs as the dog ran dangerously free.

The animal was twice seized by Merseyside police, but checks ruled it is not one of four banned breeds.

Parents whose children attend nearby St Austin’s primary school told the Liverpool Mutual Homes enforcement team they were fearful picking them up at home time.

Jones would often fight with her friends outside and in February was seen lying on the pavement in Cressington Road with a beer can in her hand, so drunk she could not stand.

Yesterday, Jones was made subject of a series of prohibitions ruling what she can and cannot do on the estate.

She was banned taking Zeko off the lead in an area that includes Garston, Grassendale and Mossley Hill.

If Jones is caught breaking any conditions of the order, she could be jailed for up to five years.

The Asbo was secured after a number of residents finally agreed to give evidence against her.

Claire Hogan, LMH safer estates officer, praised the courage of Jones’ neighbours to come forward and support the Asbo.

The housing association now hopes to use the civil action to launch tenancy enforcement action against Jones.

Acting Sergeant Andrew McNamee, of Merseyside police, said: “There were two incidents where community support officers came across the dog when it was particularly aggressive.

“It has the look of a pitbull terrier, but it is not a banned breed.

“When aggressive, it can be a frightening prospect.”

At court yesterday, a stoney-faced Jones was told: “This is a serious order with serious consequences.”

LMH chief executive Steve Coffey said: “We were appalled at the severity of Jones’ anti-social behaviour.

“I would like to reassure our tenants and communities across Liverpool we are committed to stopping anti-social behaviour.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...52-26513195/2/
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 10:52 PM
The animal was twice seized by Merseyside police, but checks ruled it is not one of four banned breeds.

Another reason why BSL is sh*te the dog wasn't one of the four banned breeds so it was allowed back with her wth is wrong with people?
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Arrgh this makes me so cross :/ idiots like her should never be allowed to take care of a goldfish, let alone a dog!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Kelly Jones, who used her Labrador and Staffordshire bull terrier cross “as a weapon”, was branded a menace by police and housing bosses today.
which dog was zeko? the impression i got by mentioning banned breeds, suggests zeko is the SBTx. but zeko is the only dog really talked about, so what about the other dog? coz it says in the quote she used a labrador and SBTx...

she sounds like a horrible woman anyway. the dogs should be taken off her.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2010, 02:20 AM
^^I think it means labrador crossed with staffie. SO just one dog. But again, not a pitbull, still a menace. Any dog can become a terror in any neighborhood given the right idiot owner.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2010, 06:32 AM
Another irresponsible person

Saw in a house window last Saturday.....Beware of dog IS Attack/Kill Trained handwritten and displayed for all to see
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2010, 07:09 AM
I thought the Dangerous Dog Act included all dogs that were a danger to the public and specific breeds banned completely

Realspeed
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2010, 07:11 AM
YS

It is definately an offence to use a dog as an offensive weapon or even display a sign suggesting it. You need to report the matter to the police

Tumbleweed
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
^^I think it means labrador crossed with staffie. SO just one dog. But again, not a pitbull, still a menace. Any dog can become a terror in any neighborhood given the right idiot owner.
oh
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2010, 12:02 PM
How is that dog still with that woman!
What a disgrace she is to mankind she can't even look after herself never mind a dog!

I've had a Labrador/SBT rescue from a puppy and she was lovely, it's horrible to hear the same cross that gave me so much love is with this woman and has been trained in such a way! Having your dog chase a woman and her children down the road is horrible.

I just can't believe the dog is still with her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >