View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Scout, after the main character in "To Kill a Mockingbird" My little girl went through some major conflict and got through to the "happy ending", besides she needed a name that wasn't "girly".
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Ours are Reah and Skye. Reah was already named as she was previously owned. But Skye was named after the farm in Wales where we got her from......can't pronounce it but thats what it meant SkyFarm
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Amber was going to be Loki originally. We found a puppy in a rescue that we utterly fell in love with who was called "Louis" - we didn't like the name, and decided that if we got him, he would be Loki instead.

As it turned out, the rescue never got back to us regarding our enquiry of adopting Louis , and as I was browsing the free-ads online, an advert for Amber came up with a picture attached. I was utterly smitten, emailed my OH the link, and the following day we went to collect her. We had intended to name her Loki anyway, but when we met her, it just didn't fit. Her previous owners had owned her for 2 weeks and hadn't named her, and for several days she was just called "Puppy" because nothing seemed to fit.

My dad emailed me a website of Celtic, African and mythological names, and my dad and step-mum came over one evening to meet our new pup. I was looking down the website and came across "Amber" in the African list, and that was it - the name stuck, and she responded to it almost instantly.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Milo was called Milo because we couldn't think of a name for our new dog to be but the minute we saw him he just looked like a little Milo somehow.

My teenage daughter named Shady after emenem . It took me ages to get used to that name.
I much preffered her choice of names when she was little, she named our little tri colour cavalier "Chocky" She said he looked like he was made of dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Shanook is inuit for 'the wind that brings the snow'
I've no idea why my OH named Reef, Reef if it had been up to me I'd of called Jollop, after the dog in engie benjy.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Cosmo...my son choseit, he likes it and it spokkly fits really well...Biff was Biff when we got him!
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I like Biff
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Princess -
well my then 8 year old daughter choose that one

Rogue -
my 10 year old daughter called her this as she has pink pigment on her nose and reminded her of Rogue in x-men

Shep
my childhood dog - a mongrel that was totally neglected by todays standard but was loved only the way a family dog could be - he's in every single photo taken of us for 14 years
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Ruby and Onyx as they are both precious stones and both the dogs are extremely precious to us.
Max, Jess and Skye came to us with those names and it wouldn't of been fair on them to change their names so late in life.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2007, 03:29 PM
taz, tazmainian devil.
betsy, after my nan (betty)
lottie, liked name
sophie, liked name
gizmo, from gremlins
smudge, because of a black mark she had at birth
trigger, liked it
carlsberg, OH supports liverpool and would not let hm have the other names.lol