Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Hector......as in Hectors House the old 70's kids programme

he was a big daft dog too

Bonnie.........she was already named at the rescue, the whole litter were named after gangsters
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
My nick-name is Mimi!!:smt002
My daughter is Mia and we all call her Mimi
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 10:22 PM
My wee cocker Paddy was a rescue he used to be called Rhum,we didn't like it so changed it to Paddy because he had huge paws.
Kizzy my 3yr Rott was named from the famous Roots series I remembered them saying it means stay put and loved it.
Asta my baby Rott suits her name soooo well,it means shines like a star.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Boris was called Boris because our collie Freddie (RIP) was named after Freddie Kruger as he was rescued on Friday the 13th so we though the name fitted him. Dave (OH) wanted to follow on with the horror film actor name and decided to call Boris after an actor that played a werewolf. He got it wrong and always insists Boris should have been called Lon but Boris it is and it suits him

When we came up with a name for Sacha we wanted a name that fitted with Boris and as Boris means fighter/ warrior we chose Sacha as it is another Russian name and means defender of mankind.

With Liadan we wanted an unusual name. Liadan is an Irish name and means grey lady. Liadan is grey but not sure about a lady
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 10:49 PM
My eldest girlie is Tara - because my mummy picked it!
My spotty dog who I lost when my marriage ended, was Blue, named after my late mother (it was her nickname from my dad to her)
My alsatian who I couldn't keep again because of my marriage was Nia, because we had wanted a boy called Neo, and so when we fell in love with a girlie we adapted it!

My boy is now called Icon, because I wanted to call him Romeo but my OH is Welsh and says Romeooooo (think welsh accent!) so we compromised on Icon!
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Our Basset is named Harvey as it suits him perfectly and our surname is Nicholls, so it gives us a laugh at the vets when they call his name out. I don't know why but instead of shortening his name, I have increased it - so I always call him Harvey Moon. I named Tess as I just liked the name and I wasn't allowed to give her a girlie name - the boys in my house weren't having it!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
ok...well Flower was for 3 reasons
1. all my previous dogs have had flower related names (Blossom, Lilly and Flora)
2. The first thing she did when i put her in the garden was eat the flower heads!!
3. She is black and white...like Flower from Bambi...

Now Willow was just a name I liked... although if I had had her a week before I could have named her it would have been 'Satan'!!!hehehe xxxxxx
mosie.mander-_@
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-10-2007, 05:18 PM
My Labrador is called Willow because l wanted to stick with my nature theme. My previous lab was called Bramble and her mother was Bracken.

We call our house "Bramble Cottage" but Bramble was named first.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Simple...Pepper - because she's black!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by mosie.mander-_@ View Post
My previous lab was called Bramble and her mother was Bracken.
OMG My uncles' 2 old Rotts were called Bamble and Bracken
Page 3 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »