Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-08-2007, 05:11 PM

My laptop is back - been getting repaired

Hi,

I bought a HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop last November for me going into hospital. While I was in hospital a small piece of the corner broke off, it wasn't important because you couldn't see it. Then had problems with the touchpad, the silver colour wore off and left a white oval where I was using it. Which again didn't interfere with the operation of the laptop but it made the laptop look old and battered. bit like me! Anyway I tried to contact HP about getting the touchpad replaced, after about two month they agreed to pick it up and replace the touchpad and look at the casing, then a few days before it was due to be picked up one of the other corners broke away, near the keyboard so I contacted them and they said the computer was under warranty but that was only for internal parts. Anyway last Wednesday they arranged transport for it. It has come back today, all repaired, brand new parts to replace the broken ones, a new touchpad, I thought great, but on closer inspection the cover around the keyboard hasn't been properly fitted and there is a gaping whole, if I try and put the trim into place the keyboard presses down with it. So I have emailed the support centre again asking for someone to take a look at it.

I have been given the opportunity to extend the warranty on this for £120 a year, I don't usually take them up but I think I will on this occasion.

Why is it that company's can't get the job right?

Ian