Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2019, 12:03 PM
Good afternoon all.

Quite a nice morning here so our long walk with the beach thrown in for Rosie. Her first beach run for a long while because of the usual restrictions for the summer.

I do think respect, manners and how to budget should be included in what's taught in schools. They set kids up for life and things like work ethic seem to follow on because they respect the people employing them.

I really cringe at today's attitude of rebelling and disrespecting authority. It's the way to doom
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2019, 12:21 PM
That was exactly the way we were brought up griff if to ill to go to school or work you were to ill to go out to play or to the disco. Showing my age now.

We were always brought up Chris to treat others how you would expect to be treated.
I don't mind a bit of rebellion I was quite rebellious as a youngster and teenager but somehow we always knew where to draw the line.
I think children are expected t be adults when it suits and children when it suits so they get mighty confused about how to behave.

Good old home economics learn to cook and run a household.
When you hit the hard times which we inevitably did and you do you know how to cut your coat according to your cloth.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I don't mind a bit of rebellion I was quite rebellious as a youngster and teenager but somehow we always knew where to draw the line.
and that line was drawn well before showing disrespect for the police and other service workers.

I watch young families around me when we go out and about and cringe at the language used both from parents to their kids and the other way round. I cringe when I hear mothers telling youngsters they can't do something then allowing the kids to do just what they have been told not to do and even laughing about it.

This 21st century World completely baffles me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Oh yes Chris I totally agree the disrespect for the police and the way they terrorise the other emergency services is totally unforgivable. Also yes the parents are as bad and that's where it has all gone wrong I think parents are as bad as children nowadays.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2019, 02:19 PM
hi, I cannot believe how the kids and teenagers behave today. I am glad in some respects that I do not have regular contact with my daughter and her very spoilt daughter. My only grand daughter. They just want want want in their lives. I am to blame I gave my daughter everything and now I live to regret it. I am doing the same with Steve of course. You try to make up to your children for what you never had but it does literally SPOIL them.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2019, 06:56 PM
Hello all back and actually got a bit of colour from my holiday lovely exactly what I needed a bit of sun good company and my books no specific order but brilliant glad to be home.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Hello all back and actually got a bit of colour from my holiday lovely exactly what I needed a bit of sun good company and my books no specific order but brilliant glad to be home.

Welcome back Kazz
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Neither of our boys heave ever been afraid of hard work but neither has Gorden or myself when needed so they have had good teachers especially Gorden.

I absolutely know you are right, especially with Gordon who is doing what I did for four years staying in London (Mon.-Thu nights away) I was doing it from about 1999 to 2003 in those days there was plenty not to like about London but we didn't have quite the knife crime problem that seems to be everywhere in big cities now.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2