Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2019, 06:58 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday,10th October, 2019

Good morning folks, I trust you and you lovely four legged friends are all fit and well. Harvey hope you are progressing too and Kelly after your chemo yesterday.

Have a good day, take care, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2019, 07:12 AM
Morning Moyra and al to follow.
Bright and sunny here but I imagine a bit chilly, not opened the door yet.

So far so good posts in and he had to get a new one that is attached to the fence as it has gone rotten of course he needed the cash to buy it and the post crete.
He told Gorden he will be back around 4 to do that post and hang the gates but at least we have them now if he doesn't. He has been paid for the post work asked if he could the money for doing those on the day.
We think he is flying by the seats of his pants and overcommitting himself re: work.
He took a call n the middle of a chat with Gorden and Gorden said he was coming up with all sorts of excuses so it wasn't just us.
You have to feel sorry for him in a way young fella children, bills, possibly maintenance as they see him weekends and trying to run a business, but as Mark says he would love to go out on his own but you need so much money behind you these days it's not like the old days and if you have rent or mortgage to pay you need a regular income.

Wow griff that must be so annoying.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2019, 07:25 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Pleased he turned up and you got at last one post in and hope he returns as promised.

Poor you Griff you seem to be surrounded by people spying on you.

Lovely here this morning and not too cold. Off into Brighton again this morning for the results of son's BCG. Hopefully he will be given the ok to start work as he is now getting frustrated with the wait.

Hope all are well and you are not feeling too bad Harvey

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Morning each and all to follow. Can I ask Sue why he has to have a bcg result? I know being nosey but just curious.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-10-2019, 10:38 AM
My table top Camera tripod arrived yesterday afternoon. makes things a lot easier to photograph.

Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning each and all to follow. Can I ask Sue why he has to have a bcg result? I know being nosey but just curious.

He has got a job in a hospital in intensive care, although a mental health hospital he has to be covered by all vaccinations and it would appear that his TB one he had when in school has not covered him so. he has it had done today as the result was negative
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2019, 05:24 PM
I see hope you didn't mind me asking.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2019, 05:28 PM
Guess what a no show today should of been here around 4 with the post and post crete we gave him the money for. Still has to bring the wheel for gate and latch also.
Says he is rushed off his feet will be tomorrow. Gorden is trying to pin him down to the morning.
If no answer we are prepared to lose the money given for latch, wheel and post and postcrete and Gorden will finish the job. Shouldn't cost as much as were would of paid him to fix the gates and out new post in that has rotted.
His problem is lack of communication a short message sorry can't make it this afternoon would of been appreciated.
He will be out of business soon I reckon because there will be some who would not recommend him due to his bad time keeping and not keeping in touch.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Nothing like bad word of mouth complaints to kill any business.

This guy has either taken on too much work to cope with or is one of the witless who think they can work when they feel like it. Either way, he won't be in business long
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Think he has taken on to much Chris and is struggling to keep up with commitments.
Gorden said he had a call while at ours yesterday and was making excuses so guess we are not the only ones.
My brother was saying the one man bands take on to much for fear of losing work only to outdo themselves and find themselves out of business totally.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >