Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2019, 06:46 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 6th October, 2019

Good morning folks, trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day but I fear it will be a wet one. wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless. Harvey hope you are still progressing ok.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2019, 08:01 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Very grim here weather wise.

Had a bit of a scare with Dillon around 5.30 this morning. Asked to go out and was wretching my immediate thought bloat. Checked his tummy when he came back in it was nice and soft. Just got back into bed and he started wretching again let him out again he munched some grass came back in. I decided to settle on the sofa he decided to settle alongside it.
20 minutes later he is at the door crying to go out he has never done that. Let him out he walked round the table came back in, I woke Gorden just in case were off to the vet in a hurry.
He got up and we both settled on the sofa Dillon was good for an hour got up crying even worse didn't want to go out. Fed him at 7 gave him his previcox and he seemed better. We started getting dressed at 8 he was up for a walk and his toileting habits were fine which had worried me as he found a rather large bone yesterday on the field not sure if it was cooked which is a huge worry for splintering.
So was thinking impaction or damaged an intestine. Anyway short walk did his business fine then wanted to come home.
We are now thinking joints. Will keep an eye on him but for now he seems good again.
Hate this and given his age I know the worst has yet to come.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Good morningMoyra, Lynn and all who follow

Oh dear Lynn do hope Dillon is now settled and is no more worry to you for a time. Gentle hugs to him

Sorry about your news Griff hope you are all ok.

Very wet when I got up but the sun is now out. Teazle walked -put her coat on incase it rained so she was not a happy bunny as she lost her street cred

Hope all are well and that you Harvey are not feeling too bad
Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Oh no Lynn, how very worrying... hope Dillon is o.k
Sue, we are all fine...I hadn't spoken to him in so long.
Brenda, hope you are doing o.k today xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2019, 12:42 PM
Good afternoon all.

Very wet here too so a very short walk and then supermarket shop. The scenic route home as the main road was closed off because of a fire during the early hours on a derelict building that was once a builders yard and is in the planning stages for a mosque. Apparently, the owners took out insurance very recently so an awful lot of coincidences.

Lynn, I do hope that Dillon just had a bit of a tummy upset and it's not something more drastic. Give him a hug from me x
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2019, 01:43 PM
Oh Lynn, sorry to hear about the episode with Dillon. I hope he is going to be ok and it is not something that is going to repeat itself. Take care and give him a hug from me. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2019, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone. Hope Dillon will be ok Lynn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Afternoon everyone so far so good no more crying on rising.
He did spend a lot of the morning on our bed, his bed on the floor of the spare room and the actual bed.

All we can do is wait and watch if it had happened again he would of been at the vet.

Fingers crossed it has passed. Thank you all for thinking of him.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Will keep an eye on him but for now he seems good again.

Hi Lynn, so glad to read this last bit, they can worry us can't they

Bruno has had constipation but is now starting to get better, we wondered what could have caused it, he ate grass which right through so hopefully not a blockage.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
and that you Harvey are not feeling too bad

Thank you Sue and all out there, yes it's the start of the 'down' week but this time I'm better than previous times. I will look in here when I can but may miss a few days.

Has rained almost all day here so I've keept indoors with the heating on

See you soon
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >