View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I use my own, a turbo one, but I never hold it still in one place, I always wiggle it about and I keep my hand on his fur where it's blasting all the time! The only problem you might find is the dog will be scared of it, so start off low and cool, a long way off, and use the gradual process and you should be fine, if it's a nice quiet one! Mine isn't unfortunately, but then my dog doesn't mind them! All the best, it'll be fine.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Our first dog loved the hairdryer but the dog we have now hates it and so we put the fan heater on and he sits in front of it to dry...
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 03:04 PM
NOT MY VIDEO... But this Husky certainly seems to be enjoying his hairdryer... This video came up as a link from one of my doggies videos and I suddenly thought of it when I saw this thread... As I have said, not my video, so I'm afraid I can't answer any questions out this beautiful girl

leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Any hair dryer at the dog grooming salon is much stronger and hotter than the one you use at home on your owm hair. Just nake sure you keep it moving and don't hold it in the same place too long.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I have a doggy tornado blaster dryer for my newfoundlands, very very powerful, they love it and fight to be first to be blasted.

Here are a few pics.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

and after........one lovely fluffy clean dog

[IMG][/IMG]
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Toby won't have one near him, but my old dog Penny loved them. In fact if you were using it on youself, she would come and stand on the bed for a bit of a blowdry
OZZYSMUM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I always use one on mine it helps their coat stop from knotting and makes it fluffy i only use it on the cool setting as the hot setting would burn them
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm a groomer and although the dryers I use are much more powerful than a human hairdryer, they are much much cooler. Most dogs actually love they dryer, if introduced correctly
Katered
New Member!
Female 

14-09-2008, 05:51 PM
i use mine on my dog, she doesnt really like it to close but she sits happily while i blow dry her, i only bother when its cold anyway
charlieG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2008, 06:32 PM
my dogs love the hair dryer i cant even use it on myself without first having to give them a go. i have a difuser on my old one which is theirs now lol the will lay for ever and get a gentle massage from it on low heat
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >