Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 05:43 PM

What would you recommend????

Some of you may have read that I am looking at kibble for two of mine for when we go away etc. They are not fussy as to which kibble they get. However, I am. I bought the JWB because they didn't have Arden Grange at the Joleyes I went to (and I thought these two food were in the same league). What put a doubt in my mind is two things, no1 someone on Dogsey was talking about ethical foods and I got the impression that JWB is not one, no2, the JWB I bought had no dairy products etc and my dogs have no allergies etc so would they be better off with a food that may have the odd egg in it etc.......

A friend of mine (thanks Lucy ) gave me a sample of food from 'land of holistic pets', they loved it....... I think they would love any kibble to be honest. Any advice will be greatfully received.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I changed from Iams to JWB for ethical reasons I know it's expensive but Ben Loves It!! Don't know about Arden Grange sorry. Someone said that Pets At Home's own brand it a good one!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Neverheard of "land of holistic pets", I feed Tonks Fromm Gold Nutritional. , which you can get delivered to your door. It has no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. No corn or wheat and prebiotics and probiotics.

This is what they say about it.

"Gold Nutritionals Concept
Gold Nutritionals® are prepared with fresh, human grade USDA-inspected duck, chicken and lamb or liver combined with fresh whole eggs and real Wisconsin cheddar cheese. We also enhance each recipe with salmon oil for a healthy coat and probiotics to help aid digestion.

We have omitted common allergens such as corn, wheat, & beet pulp instead using oatmeal, pearled barley, brown rice, and potatoes. All of our recipes are formulated with 100% natural ingredients and contain absolutely no artificial flavors or colors. Just wholesome, all-natural nutrition. "

http://www.frommfamily.com/products-g.php
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Im a total Genesis fan, brill food dogs love it & look fab! Not in shops , imported from Canada. Its the only food ive found that flynn will eat past two/three months...

http://www.genesispetfood.co.uk/splashalt/
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
"Gold Nutritionals Concept
Gold Nutritionals® are prepared with fresh, human grade USDA-inspected duck, chicken and lamb or liver combined with fresh whole eggs and real Wisconsin cheddar cheese. We also enhance each recipe with salmon oil for a healthy coat and probiotics to help aid digestion.

We have omitted common allergens such as corn, wheat, & beet pulp instead using oatmeal, pearled barley, brown rice, and potatoes. All of our recipes are formulated with 100% natural ingredients and contain absolutely no artificial flavors or colors. Just wholesome, all-natural nutrition. "

http://www.frommfamily.com/products-g.php

Looks great...where do you get it from please
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Looks great...where do you get it from please
I think it is great, i don't know much about the content of many foods but i know this is a good one. I get it through dog training as my friend (the owner of the dog training company) is also an agent for Fromm. I'll ask them how you can find an agent near you, and they will deliver it to your door.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I found this site who are agents for Fromm and you can buy it through their site.

http://www.postalpetsproducts.co.uk/

I think it is really good food.

Also here is a link to the company that i work for and their nutrition page which i think is good.

http://www.armchairdogs.co.uk/id16.html
Colley1275
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2008, 10:27 AM
I have fed Arden Grange for a while, stopped it for three months and fed a cheaper variety and I found that my border collies lost some of their shine in their coats, and one poo could be ok but the next soft and horrid.

So they are back on Arden Grange premium and have never been happier, smaller poos and no wind. the only downside is the cost however, I have now registered with Arden Grange and buy direct from them through the breeders club (I do not however breed), and get it a lot cheaper than rrp.

its a very good food and its ethically produced from none battery farmed chicken and the premium i feed has a very high chicken content. I would recommend it.