View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 09:10 PM

ID cards: advantages and disadvantages. Your opinions?

Looks like these are going to be compulsory after all, if you need to renew your passport, that is.

Opinions anyone?

Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Shan't renew my passport then!! Explained my reasonings on the last debate about these things I seem to remember
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 09:45 PM
I remember the last debate too, but I'm afraid I'm one of those who do want them for the simple fact that if it is made compulsory for ALL of us to have one (it just won't work if not!) then it will weedle out the illegal immigrants in our society claiming my hard earned cash from the DHSS and other people making fraudulent claims too. I think it will make us a much safer place to live in too.

I have nothing to hide, I would guard it with my life, like I do my Barclaycard or Passport, so I really don't have a problem with them in the slightest. It's only going to cost £30 anyway, what's the problem??
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
it will weedle out the illegal immigrants in our society claiming my hard earned cash from the DHSS and other people making fraudulent claims too. I think it will make us a much safer place to live in too.

How?

No one has yet explained how it will help wheedle out them OR terrorists
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I have nothing to hide, I would guard it with my life, like I do my Barclaycard or Passport, so I really don't have a problem with them in the slightest. It's only going to cost £30 anyway, what's the problem??

On the radio last night, it said some people say it's ging to cost £30, but other say it will be anything up to £300.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Well I'm okay then cos I don't have a passport and haven't left the country for 21 years now
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2006, 12:20 AM
i think there a good idea but feel that in time there will be a way of copying them and should be free to all people born in the uk not people comeing into it
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2006, 03:05 AM
We already have them here, most European countries do, think Gib was one of the first to have the european 1`s but although I always carry it I never use it for ID purposes I always use my passport

What I am against is the amount of personal info these new ones will contain

Can`t see how they`ll stop illegal immigrants/terrorists etc they are already in use in Europe, for quite a while as well & hasn`t stopped those problems here

Will not be happy when my passport runs out in 2yrs time
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by Christine
What I am against is the amount of personal info these new ones will contain
Exactly!

Being bought up in the RAF, I am used to and am quite happy with an ordinary ID card.

Pretty sure a lot of people don't realise what the full extent of these new cards are
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 06:44 AM
I guess if the Government want to know my personal details, all they have to do is call Tesco.......
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »