Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:12 PM

The advantages of...

Working for a Pakistani boss, you occasionally get THE BEST food ever

My boss's (Mr H) wife made us spicy fried potato slices on Saturday, she has made us lovely onion bhajis before, we all pig out on them and today his daughter made lovely spicy spring rolls...I was working in the coldest part of the shop so they were a small package of welcome heat and delicious too.

I can forsee me getting fat if I keep working there...every time I'm at the bottom of the stairs to their flat I get the most wonderful smells. Myself and my colleague are fighting over who is going to adopt Mrs H.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 10:50 PM
My husband wants to know where you are, because he is drooling!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
My husband wants to know where you are, because he is drooling!
Unfortunately he doesn't stand a chance...he needs to fight past us lot first

It's so funny, Mr H comes down with these wee goodies, and although he can be a bit grumpy, I think he's secretly pleased cause we all rave about the cooking...it's so nice...although the diet goes out the window really fast!
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Im not a huge lover of spicy food , but I can never resist an Onion Bahji , come to think of it I love spring rolls too
How come I never had great bosses like you have
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Our workshop supervisor is Indian and often brings me a lamb byriani. Trouble is, it's huge and lasts for three days!

lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Mese View Post
Im not a huge lover of spicy food , but I can never resist an Onion Bahji , come to think of it I love spring rolls too
How come I never had great bosses like you have
See that's the funny thing, until I started getting these wee treats I couldn't go near spicy food either. The most adventurous I got was a Korma or something creamy like that, now I can handle it, and enjoy it.

I had a paratha a couple of weeks ago and quite enjoyed it. Looking forward to trying the spicier version of OH's chillie now
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 09:18 AM
I love chicken or lamb biriyani MMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Despite having Asian (Not your typical though) family I am not overly keen on Indian food. But my aunt does make some lovely curries when she does cook them. I don't mind chicken korma either so long as it isn't too creamy.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2010, 11:06 PM
I used to work for a Pakistani guys a few years ago and also loved when he brought some home cooked meals in. I love chicken curry and chapatis. I could eat one version or another of it for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Luckily, living in Scotland you're never far from an Indian restaurant or takeaway.
kirstymomo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2010, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
I used to work for a Pakistani guys a few years ago and also loved when he brought some home cooked meals in. I love chicken curry and chapatis. I could eat one version or another of it for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Luckily, living in Scotland you're never far from an Indian restaurant or takeaway.
I love your last sentence!! This is soooo true haha! If you drive a mile radius around my house I'm pretty sure you will find at least 10 Indians... no exaggeration! Maybe this is why I love Indian food so much!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Ah but they aren't always good restaurants. We have a new one just opened up in Alness and it's not that great. Told the boss he should get his wife to open one up
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >