View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 03:44 PM

How much poo does your puppy do? (Detailed)

OK, this is actually a genuine question. Buttons is 12 weeks old.He is fed on Royal Canin Junior 32 180g split into 3 meals a day. He also gets some treats that are part of his training.

I cannot remember Fudge pooping quite so much so wondered if it was to do with this particular food?

He poops first thing in the morning and then after every meal and then a couple more times in the evening.They are at least 15 cm long and quite large in circumference! they do get sleightly smaller and softer as the day goes on.

What do/did you feed your puppy and how much do they produce?
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 04:09 PM
i feed Gemma [bc pup] 3 small cups of autarky adult food. she does a poop when she wakes up, another after breakfast, one after lunch then one after her dinner....then another before bedtime.....wow that does sound alot when I think about it!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Louie - going back to the ages you're talking about - 3-4 times a day.

The problem I'm having now is keeping it solid. I'm sure my OH's autistic brother is sneaking him food he shouldn't - in fact I've caught him doing it before.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 04:16 PM
I feed 4 times a day til there about 6 months. Sophie goes about 4 times a day usually after a meal.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 04:21 PM
So what foods do people use?
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Bentley is 14 weeks or is it 15 (never very good at weeks!)

He is on 4 meals a day.

Beta puppy in the morning and evening and raw/chicken or tripe the other two meals (lunch/supper)

He poos in the morning, then after lunch then sometimes one or two more times in the evening.

Sometimes they look enormous othertimes normal puppy size ha ha!

He is a greedy so and so!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Louie is now on Adult at 9 months, Shepherds choice with a third of Butchers Tripe. He was having Pedigree but that's just full of sugar. Sometimes he'll get left over mince or a bit of pasta.

he still goes 3 -4 times, unless he saves it all for his walk - in which case he has two huge ones.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh I remember it well! Zena was fed 4 times a day, BUT, she did them all in the morning at around 6.00 am, sometimes 4 sometimes 5 On the odd occasion we'd have one about 5pm but they were usually all in the morning and still are to this day!

She was fed a whole pack of frozen tripe throughout the day in those 4 meals, with half a cup of kibble each meal.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Mind you - even with my adult guy I look at it coming out sometimes and the pile of poo seems to be larger than his entire abdomen can possibly contain! I've stood there bag in hand waiting and waiting and waiting for him to finish on a few occasions. I think it's like the Tardis in reverse - the size outside is about quadruple the size on the inside.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Pixie is 12 weeks old and fed four times a day and she poos four maybe 5 times a day - each one is nice and solid and the size of a mediocre slug!

She eats this food

http://www.alaskanmalamute.uk.com/sales.htm
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >