Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 03:39 PM

Hunting with Dogs - the ban

Do you think the ban on hunting with dogs has worked in your area?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 03:41 PM
WE don't see any hunts around here. However I believe that in the deeper parts of Cheshire it still goes on a friend of mine told me she saw a hunt. I asked her if they were hunting foxes and she said she never saw one so I cant say for sure, sorry
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2008, 03:42 PM
theres no foxes here so cant coment or maybe there hidding
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 03:48 PM
The hunt was out here this morning, I could hear them while walking the dogs.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2008, 04:18 PM
There aren't any foxes up here, because they can't swim well enough to cross the Pentland Firth. Besides, if anyone started cavorting around in a red coat here, they'd get laughed off the islands.

Snorri
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
There aren't any foxes up here, because they can't swim well enough to cross the Pentland Firth. Besides, if anyone started cavorting around in a red coat here, they'd get laughed off the islands.

Snorri
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Do you think the ban on hunting with dogs has worked in your area?
Nope, not at all, as far as I know most hunts all over the country are still hunting as they have always done.

With maybe a few restrictions on the way they do it!!

But Foxes are still vermin, they still need to be controlled and farmers will still look for a way to control them..

Sadly though since the ban more are being shot and suffering long painful deaths...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Two local hunts in my area and they both still go out, but I can't remember when it first starts maybe end of October (ish). Of course they started the cub hunting in September I'm embarrassed to say I used to hunt 20 years ago on my young horse (yeah, I know! ), but luckily I came to my senses and am very anti now, especially after getting addicted to Spring/Autumn Watch etc. We have a good crowd of anti's though who hopefully keep them in order, but it's getting very hard for them, and I bet my bottom dollar they still kill foxes if nobody is around, they have their ways of getting around the new law, they find it quite laughable I do know that much!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Nope, not at all, as far as I know most hunts all over the country are still hunting as they have always done.

With maybe a few restrictions on the way they do it!!

But Foxes are still vermin, they still need to be controlled and farmers will still look for a way to control them..

Sadly though since the ban more are being shot and suffering long painful deaths...

Is this better than getting ripped to peices for the sake of some people having fun. Sorry but I don't agree with it and how people can call it a sport beats me. No sport for the poor fox
Tan's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:09 PM
well just the set the fox in the chicken coop.......
i am a pro, i find foxes a downright nuisance we lose chickens and lambs to the ******s and we need a humane way of getting rid of them, but think of it this way: when a dog catches a fox the fox is dead before it hits the ground, if a farmer shoots it how do we know this? also what happens to the hunt pack?
Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 4 11 51 > Last »