View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Mo has her bed in the bedroom. Every morning around 5am she creeps up on the bed, it's as if she can tell the time But she never never comes in the bed.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 07:19 PM
My dogs sleep in my bedroom - except Yogi who has a room off the porch with his bed and a heater etc They don't sleep IN bed with me though - there'd be no room for me and the hubby if they did!
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Occasionally the boys go to bed with us - it's usually a Saturday night when they are clean & dry.

What happened last Saturday was that Andy went to bed and Rusty followed him not long after. When I went to bed I couldn't get in so went to bed in the spare room (single bed!). Jenson came upstairs and decided it would be fun to come to bed with me! He left at some stage and then came back. To top it all Duke then decided he would come upstairs (unusual for him) and he thought it would be nice to sleep with me too - so I ended up with Duke, Jenson and me in the single bed and Andy & Rusty in our room in a double bed next door - something very wrong with this picture I think!

Most of the time they sleep in the kitchen on a piece of vet bedding. Which reminds me - I've got to order some more. I think I've got a good price on this - it is the grey vet bedding with the green backing. I've bought 2 or 3 pieces off of the internet in the past from the same supplier. Each time it has cost me £28.50 incl. VAT on a 3 day delivery for a 1.5m x 1.5m piece. My local pet shop used to charge £22 a metre for a piece that was only a metre wide! Must go & order now.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 07:52 PM
No, ours aren't allowed upstairs therefore they don't have access to the bedroom.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't mind a dog being on the bed, if I lived on my own I probably would. But even Toby takes up far too much space, he stretches out with his paws against you to make sure he gets enough room

When i was young, I shared a single bed with a German Shepherd and a Springer Spaniel, god knows how I slept, could not do it now, must be getting old!
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2008, 07:58 PM
It depends upon the dog I guess, but one of the best things we did was deciding to let our sleep in our room and spend part of the night in our bed. She loves it, we love it and it's a great time to bond. And there's nothing more relaxing than snuggling up with you doggy in your arms!

Ours is a small dog - a beagle. We were advised by a lot of Beagle owners and experts that it's best to let a beagle sleep in a crate in your bedroom. They are pack animals and thrive on company. If they sleep in your room that's an extra 8 hours a day in close proximity with you.

Our routine is that the dog goes to bed in her crate and at about 6 am (although sometimes she pushes it to 5 am or earlier) she bangs on the crate door. I lean out of bed, open it and she jumps onto the bed and under the covers between my partner and myself. About an hour or two later I get up and give her breakfast and she gets back into our bed until we're ready for her morning walk.

We've just got a little 7 week old pup. He sleeps in his own crate in our bedroom. When he's older he'll be allowed into bed with us too for a couple of hours. It'll be a tight squeeze, but I can't wait !

I'm not sure who gets the most out of it - her or us.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-10-2008, 08:27 PM
My boy is allowed to sleep on the end of the bed and he does...BUT I have to call him or "invite" him on and he paitently waits for me to call him on other wise he will gladly sleep in his crate.( he obviously prefers my bed tho)lol
But I would say 9 times out of 10 I allow him to sleep on the bed!
He is my alarm clock aswell....I cant think of a better one!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I love my dogs to bits, but absolutely no way are they allowed upstairs or in our bed, yuck yuck yuck. I don't sleep in theirs so why should they sleep in mine
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 08:51 PM
A yes for me.. the littlun always sleeps on the bed.. the two bigguns have to take it in turns as there isn`t the room for all three... lol
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2008, 08:56 PM
i dont mind dogs being on the bed, but because of the type of dogs they are they usually overheat and get uncomfortable - hence why they normally sleep in crates xxxx
Page 3 of 45 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »