View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 09:05 PM
I bought a set of 4 stick in the ground jumps from jump4joy for £45, had them two years and mav has really battered them but they are still going strong.

I also bought a fabric type 'garden' tunnel....its absolutely useless as both of my dogs go through it at top speed and ripped the ties straight off it, even when its straight its just too flimsy for my dogs. Would maybe be ok for a smaller/slower dog though.
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
Well, I just bought 50 bamboo canes for £5.....hopefully that'll start me off! I only have a small garden! Chaospony, thanks for that. If Jin and I really enjoy it than I may invest in some better gear in the future or maybe even a club.

We'll see!

Thanks for the help guys.

I also have childrens pop up tunnels on my watch list and want a small hula hoop- adverage sized are far too big.... Hmm!!!!
My Cara is 36kg so probably why so many canes get broken! I can't wait till Ollie my GSP can start playing, he has been through weave poles very slowly and through a tunnel and the collapsed tunnel thing (don't know what that is called!) at the training class I was going to and he seemed to really like it, they had some jumps and the big walk way up and when he saw the other dogs doing that he got super excited and started barking and jumping in circles, I really think he wanted to have a go!

Oh and if you get a hula hoop you can use duct tape to attach it to two canes to set it up like a tire jump.

So it would look like this..... IoI
if you get what I mean.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I went on ebay and got some little cones and poles used for people training, think there is enough for 8 jumps (only 12cm high but enough for some back garden fun) and only cost £12. Also got some round cones with holes in so I can use them for the weaves with some poles I got, as I don't have a proper garden. Tunnels are often cheap on ebay, but you get what you pay for.
I even got a see-saw for £25 but as my dog is nearly 30kilos it does tend to buckle slightly as it lands on the hard floor. A bit of extra wood to strengthen it and a soft mat to land on and it will be great but haven't had time to do it as yet.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I make a silly little play course for Tilly using canes on bricks for the jumps & a kids play tunnel (£10 from Early Learning Centre)
I got the tunnel when she was a pup & wasn't sure if she could still fit through it, but got it out today & she was straight through.
I haven't got any weaves as hub won't let me poke holes everywhere
Thats what local fields are for,i,ve just ordered some weaves/jumps combined from amazon,friends of mine take there out to local fields and parks.
DenzilOscar
New Member!
Male 

23-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Might be worthwhile asking around local motorbike shops for a used/wornout front tyre from a trail bike. These fit on 21" rims and would be suitable for agility. Other bike tyres can be quite small diameter, which could be a bit of a squeeze for bigger dogs!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2