Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 02:28 PM

Passed Obedience Competition today!!!

Well today we had an obedience competition, and Luna and I entered. I've been thinking about stopping the training at this place when the season ended.. But I decided, that if we got over 110 points today (what you need to "pass - you need to have over 110 points 2 times), I would consider if we should perhaps take another year... and get to the "B-class", we are in the "C-class" now..

Luna did great, and we passed

We could get a maximum of 150 points and we got 124.

I'll go through what we should do and what we did wrong.

1: Leadwalking..

Luna is supposed to be walking on my left side on heel (WITHOUT commands or sounds of any kind, NO treats!!), while we do some left, right and turn arounds and running. You can get a maximum of 20 points.

We got 14.. Luna decided to sniff the ground some of the way, and wasnt following me, when we did turnarounds.. And the judge says she was a bit nervy in the running..

2: Stand - stay..

Luna is standing on command, should be standing, while I walk a bit out and wait for about 30 seconds before going back to (a still standing) Luna. She is then to sit down after a few seconds (I blew it and told her to go heel, so she walked around me and sat behind my legs) We got 18 out of 20 points.

3. Sit - stay

We walk (off lead) for a bit, I tell Luna to sit and she sits while I go out and wait for 30 seconds, then go back to her (still sitting.) We got 7.5 of 10, cos she didnt sit down at first..
4: Down - stay.

Again we walk to a pole, Luna lays down, and I walk out and wait 30 seconds. Then I call her to me, she is supposed to sit infront of me. She sat a bit to one side, so we got 9.5 out of 10
5: Retrieve (LOOK HERE GUYS!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!)
I throw the dummy with Luna sitting on my left side.. I say "retrieve" and (gosh!!) she runs out, gets the dummy and comes back. Here she is supposed to run back to me and sit infront of me with the dummy in her mouth, till I take it, and then back to sit on my left side. When Luna came running back, she saw the guy, who she is supposed to bark at in the next exercise, stand in the bushes and got distracted, so she ended up sitting WITH the dummy (BIG YAY!!!) a good bit to my right, so we got 19 out of 20

6: Uhm I dont know what to call this in english..

Luna is sitting on my left, I tell her to "rundér" (danish word), which means she is to run out to the guy in the bushes and bark at him, till I go get her.

Well.. She runs out and she sits oh so nicely, but no bark (she NEVER does, so nothing surprising there). We got 8 out of 20 for that one.
7: Jump

Luna has to jump over a... uhm a roofshaped jump, and back again. She did!! but sat to the side instead of infront of me, so we got 18 out of 20
8 Free search

There's a field, where we should find a glove, we have 5 minutes. She found it!!! Got a full 20 for that, plus the 10 for the glove.

Last time we participated in this competition, we got a big fat 0 in the jump and the retrieve, so things have definately improved.

I've decided to continue for another year. And this time we are going to put some daily training into this.. Up till now, we've really only trained, when at training on sundays.. Think what a couple times of training a week, could do....

I'm very very proud of my girl today And she is now sleeping in her basket, totally knackered as we met a friend of her's on the way home.. Oh yeah we are walking for 50 minutes each way to the training grounds...

Jeanette
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 02:32 PM
:smt038 Congratulations :smt038

Its so much more fun when it´s working isnt it
I´m glad you finally got her through it, but I never doubted you could
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 02:34 PM
What a clever girl Luna!!! And well done to you J for all your hard work with her! Isn't it a great feeling when they do well?!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 02:43 PM
I was gobsmacked when they said how many points I got :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

It was a fantastic day!!! Now it doesnt matter that we had to stand in the cold (and a bit rainy) weather for 1˝ hour waiting for the judge to finish judging the B-class dogs' tracking

Its been a long day, and we are tired, but I'm so happy we went

Now to find a way to get her focusing on me during the leadwalk....

Think I'll make a separate post asking about that

Thank you guys
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 03:10 PM

Fantastic! Well done to you both, you must be sooo proud.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 03:17 PM
wowzers! Go Luna Well done guys
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Thank you Anne-Marie, I am very very proud

Thank you Hazel
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Well done Jeanette and Luna You had excellent scores for most of the exercises - now to get Luna to bark
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2005, 02:29 AM
Wow! I am really impressed with you and Luna

That is such alot to get right and you guys are almost there, it sounds like you did so well Luna is such a clever and well behaved girl! She is a credit to you and you to her You are teaching her so well!

Well done!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2005, 02:30 AM
Luna is such a sweet girl I bet getting her to bark at someone is going to be the hardest!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >