View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 09:06 PM
No such thing as staying in the warm and dry with Loki. He still wants his hikes 2-3 times a day. Me? I love it too! I'd have loved it even more last winter if he hadn't chewed up two of my woolly hats.

Interestingly there is a small field at the back of our house which is full of dog poo, and which we call 'poo alley'. The field leads to the countryside and lots of fields. You can tell how few dogs get a decent walk by where the poo ends - right at the boundary of the first field.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2005, 09:25 PM
hey my dogs were bred to work with the vermin all weathers nout stops us going out, i have even walked Polly in 2 feet deep snow, albeit it was more like tunneling but this just illustrates
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Teagan refuses to go outside when it's raining, and that includes to the toilet in the garden! I'm in no position to pull a 7 stone dog out of the door!
If it starts raining whilst we are out, she will happily carry on - but there is no way she will put her nose outside if it's already raining!
She has held her toiletting in for over 24 hours as it has been raining!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2005, 09:35 PM
It really depends on how bad the weather is.

If its really pelting it down,i will hold on for 15 minutes to see if it stops because Vegas isnt too impressed with rain and stands under my umbrella!

ps.I had to cut our walk short yesterday because the rain was comming down so hard-it was hurting me (i was wearing shorts/t-shirt) and Vegas dragged me to the front door!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
If its really pelting it down,i will hold on for 15 minutes to see if it stops because Vegas isnt too impressed with rain and stands under my umbrella!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Out all weathers, otherwise, we'd have no peace whatsoever. It's great in the rain as the beach is deserted and peaceful
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
She has held her toiletting in for over 24 hours as it has been raining!

I wonder what they think of the rain and if they think we should be able to turn it off, like the hose pipe.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Potter hates the rain at first! She glares at me again and again if we go out in the rain. Molly loves it, doesnt care at all, loves walks whatever is going on!
Having said that, I walk in all weathers and enjoy every one!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 09:53 PM
I suppose it depends on the dog then, Jess hates water and wont go out in the rain at home unless i get the leads out and then she is ready to go, Oscar on the other hand loves water and wants to go where ever I go.
Think if I had a smaller dog I wouldnt be so inclined to go out expecially in the snow, when the dog prob couldnt see where it was going, not much fun for them and it would get a chill having its whole body in the snow for so long, good job I have a big breeds
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
we are out regardless of weather if its hot we wait till its cooled down but other than that we go.
they don't feel the rain because of how thick their coats are its me who looks like a drowned rat.
i kinda like it no nasty dogs around to watch for they are all indoors.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >