Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2011, 05:27 PM

Bronze test question.?

when a test examiner does the vet check part of the test do they meet the dog before ?
And is it one to one or with other dogs around??

Coco is moving up...
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 05:31 PM
I believe the handler does the vet check in the Bronze test....
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
when a test examiner does the vet check part of the test do they meet the dog before ?
And is it one to one or with other dogs around??

Coco is moving up...
{

I am not sure I understand the question?

When I conduct the Bronze exam the very FIRST exercises that dogs and handlers must undergo are 1 (cleanliness and identification) which I combine with 2 (collar and lead).

If a dog does not have a legally compliant ID it can proceed no further and of course until and unless the examiner has satisified the safety of the dog and others is assured by having a well fitting, safe collar and lead, again no further exercises can be undertaken.

Therefore I will have met your dog and you prior to 8 (examination of the dog) and I think you need to read the rules again as of course it is the HANDLER that does the inspection NOT the examiner!

Normally this is done with the other dogs around, I have never yet done it in a separate room.............
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
{

I am not sure I understand the question?

When I conduct the Bronze exam the very FIRST exercises that dogs and handlers must undergo are 1 (cleanliness and identification) which I combine with 2 (collar and lead).

If a dog does not have a legally compliant ID it can proceed no further and of course until and unless the examiner has satisified the safety of the dog and others is assured by having a well fitting, safe collar and lead, again no further exercises can be undertaken.

Therefore I will have met your dog and you prior to 8 (examination of the dog) and I think you need to read the rules again as of course it is the HANDLER that does the inspection NOT the examiner!

Normally this is done with the other dogs around, I have never yet done it in a separate room.............
I have yet to read the rules as thats my wifes job .lol

To be honest we only decided today we would move her up to the bronxe class as she would be youngest dog in the group..
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 05:43 PM
When Tilly did the bronze test - I can't remember the examiner touching her at all, she instructed me to check her coat,ears, teeth etc..
Very good point about having the id tag correct, one of our group failed just on that & she was gutted because she'd spent ages training that 60 second stay, but she had the dogs name on the tag instead of her own! We were told in advance what was required but obviously she didn't listen.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I believe the handler does the vet check in the Bronze test....
Thank you ,,
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
When Tilly did the bronze test - I can't remember the examiner touching her at all, she instructed me to check her coat,ears, teeth etc..
Very good point about having the id tag correct, one of our group failed just on that & she was gutted because she'd spent ages training that 60 second stay, but she had the dogs name on the tag instead of her own! We were told in advance what was required but obviously she didn't listen.

More people are deemed "not ready" for not having a legally compliant tag than anything else IME.

It is clearly stated in the rules, the training club should reiterate, but they STILL turn up without them.

I have had candidates stand and tell me but "the police/dog warden/Mr Bloggs said it would be alright" sigh..............
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2011, 06:02 PM
one thing about being a member on here is i am sure we will pass the tag test ,,lol
kirstyS
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Good luck - and let us know how you get on!

When are you doing it?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
one thing about being a member on here is i am sure we will pass the tag test ,,lol

Well if you do not, I will hunt you down and kill you ........................
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >