Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Because there are too many in the area in which they live.
There are under 10,000 wolves in the entire united states, damn compare that to people population Alaska has around 6,000 of them, Minnesota having the next highest population of 2,000 and the rest of the states virtually none.

It doesn't take a rocket scientest to work out that things could be delt with better than just continuing to reduce the numbers in Alaska while they are almost extinct else where.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Unfortunaely becky, people live in house, brick built buildings, we make fences, build office blocks and roads etc.. its life. Animals wild or otherwise dont have to go out to work everyday and bring home a pay packet to pay the mortgage etc.. this is why we take priority. We have shaped our environment and whether we like it or not its eradicated thousands of species in the process and will continue to do so, however I dont belive for one minute that the Wolf will be one of these.
Dawn.
Huh? Really?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Unfortunaely becky, people live in house, brick built buildings, we make fences, build office blocks and roads etc.. its life. Animals wild or otherwise dont have to go out to work everyday and bring home a pay packet to pay the mortgage etc.. this is why we take priority.
no the reason we take priority is because we were smart enough to be dumb enough to create guns etc so we can kill at distance, take away our weapons and I think critters like wolves would take priority. I don't think it's because we have a mortgage somehow.

We may be the most intelligent life form if you want to put it that way but sometimes I wonder...lol
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Unfortunaely becky, people live in house, brick built buildings, we make fences, build office blocks and roads etc.. its life. Animals wild or otherwise dont have to go out to work everyday and bring home a pay packet to pay the mortgage etc.. this is why we take priority. We have shaped our environment and whether we like it or not its eradicated thousands of species in the process and will continue to do so, however I dont belive for one minute that the Wolf will be one of these.
Dawn.
I don't see what brick house have to do with it. Wolves have 'homes' too. None of this explains why people believe they have more right to exist on this planet than any other species.
Becky
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
no the reason we take priority is because we were smart enough to be dumb enough to create guns etc so we can kill at distance, take away our weapons and I think critters like wolves would take priority. I don't think it's because we have a mortgage somehow.

We may be the most intelligent life form if you want to put it that way but sometimes I wonder...lol
I do agree with you Mys, but we also coped quite well thousands of years ago, when guns etc didn't exist and we were still reasonably high up in the food chain. Admittedly then, we killed for food. Unfortunatly now, it's a different scenario
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Doesnt matter to me what you say, I dont buy the holier than thou attitude. Predator species need to be culled and rightly so, Humans are higher than animals and obviously are the decision making, higher ranking being here!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
but by saying humans are above animals that is a holier than you attitude!
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Perhaps it is Becky, but its me on the internet not my dog, see he cant do that, he's a dog! We ARE higher ranking, although most days I wouldnt mind kipping on the sofa all day just like my dog!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Doggies4Evers View Post
http://www.idausa.org/campaigns/wild...lf_070328.html

They can sedate them and move them to another location not murder them for wanting to feed themselves and survive?! I guess the wolves could return back to there land. Why can't there be a happies better way for both to live side by side. All the wolves are doing is going out and hunting for food, deer’s, etc.

"Oh no! The wolves are eating our food; we have to shoot a lot of them."
I can’t believe people would/could think like this, people keep spreading all over the world from not keeping there yeah you know and pushing animals in smaller area’s and killing them for going on new land/places we want to live and settle in. When will people learn?! We are pushing them to the edge, there is tiny numbers of animals but if they are just a few extra ones they get killed. ~sigh~

The wolves are doing what they are meant to do eat, live and survive. People think all animals are there’s to eat and if a predator is doing its own thing to eat and live oh its wrong, bad animal predator! How dare you feed yourself/etc and take away our wild animals for food. *rolls eyes*

Why do people think like this? Why are they living in hard to live lands?

Sorry if my post is abit sarcastic. It's just madding is all
they are being killed for eating get this WILD animals
Agree with you.

We have a responsibility - if we are the higher species - to care for other species. We can afford to be benevolant. Let's face it, we don't need to hunt, torture and kill anything other than for sheer pleasure, which to me is revolting and I will never understand why anyone can get pleasure out of killing something.

And as for people sticking the heads of dead animals on their walls - what a thoroughly gruesome and tasteless hobby to indulge in. A good photo of a wild animal - now that is skillful and beautiful.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Borderdawn: You said:

"Humans do have more right to live in an area than an animal they have families to keep. (dont give me fluffy stories about Wolf families! )"

In another posting you also said:

"Humans are higher than animals".

By making these statements, am I to understand that you consider the human species - homo sapiens - to be non-animal?

If the answer to this question is affirmative, would you care to enlighten me as to what category you consider humans fall into? Plants?

No, definitely not plants.

Well then, let's take something a bit more ... well, animal. Let's say ... ooh, I know, mammals. Are humans mammals? Yes, they certainly are, they suckle their young, so therefore they are definitely mammals. Well, are mammals animals? Yes, they are animals.

Then my dear girl, I am afraid that means that you are an animal. So am I, so are all humans. We are animals who are fortunate enough to be top of the heap due mainly to the fact that we can talk, we have the power of speech, which has enabled us to develop into the magnificent and intelligent species known as homo sapiens.

However, this does NOT give us the right to play God over every other species, to kill for fun, to pollute and ultimately destroy the planet, and ...

... to decide that it is best to cull another species. This cannot be right, it is not natural. As omnivores we kill for food and this is completely acceptable and natural. To kill for other reasons is not natural, and neither is it right.

I am no bunny hugger, before you accuse me of that. I used to go fox hunting, I have used a gun. The fact that I no longer go or approve of fox hunting, neither do I shoot any more, is another, much longer, story. I am more than capable of shooting a fluffy bunny for my stew pot, were I not able to go to Waitrose and fill it with farmed animals.

I just find you arrogant and quite frankly ignorant. You are of course entitled to your views and opinions, as I am to argue with them, but please do not insult our intelligence by implying that humans are not animals.
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »