15-02-2006, 06:22 PM
i promise to post loads of pics once kai has settled in

and yes foxy i,m so excited about getting him,i doubt i will sleep much tonite
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 06:43 PM
CongRATs on your new addition!

They are lovely - and quite right, they need company - although i would encourage same sex company - as breeding them without known backgrounds could be a risky game If you know the history of your gliders, and have done plenty of research on breeding, and have all precautions laid out, hen good luck to you - but i jut wanted to mention that one shouldn't breed just because one can.

xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 07:38 PM
How fab are these? I've never heard of them either, but they are lovely - waiting patiently for pics.....
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 08:15 PM
I *nearly* bought a pair of these from a pet shop in Skegness about a 18 months ago.. We were there on holiday and I was fascinated with them(was also a bit sad as they were in a small cage)
Sadly we didn't have room for them at the time. BUT now I am sure I could squeeze a couple in somewhere.....

We had a chipmonk for 6 years (he was 2 when we got him) and he was a little sweetheart.. I imagine they will take the same sort of looking after
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 09:08 PM
We had sugargliders for a while - I was conned by my animal loving son into having a pair. I understand they need to be kept in pairs.

Anyway, our pair arrived in a huge cage just before xmas (cos the bloke selling them wanted them out of the way so he could put his tree up). They were supposed to be living in an ex aviary outside - but being natives of Australia they need warmth in the winter so needed to be indoors. So, I thought their cage could go under the stairs in our dining/dog room (its open plan). Then, after they arrived, I discovered they are nocturnal - so no way could they be anywhere near the dogs at night or I would have the dogs barking all night - so they ended up in our lounge (where OUR xmas tree normally stands!).

They are quite expensive to keep as they eat tons of fresh fruit (I was buying more fruit for them than the entire family) and we hardly ever saw them cos they only came out at night when everyone had gone to bed - when we got up they were fast asleep inside a sock that was suspended from the roof of the cage for them to sleep in. They are very fast and difficult to catch if they happen to escape.

Having said that - they were very pretty and fascinating to watch when we were priviledged with the opportunity.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 10:49 PM
louise i love chipmonks too
we are set up a avairy for them with a heated house

hubby is on his way home now with kia (soon to be named preston)
and we will be picking the female (chantelle) up next friday

i,m so excited

Sansorrella i have been looking for a pair for a couple of years now,and have found 2 within a day
i,m so lloking forward to geting them
and hopefully once they get used to use and we put them in the aviary they won,t keep us awake(maybe the neighbours) but not us

we buy loads of fruit each day anyway for all the parrots so that won,t bother us

is there anything you feel i should know about them?
i,ve been reading alot of sites about them but wondered if you thought i should know anything important
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 11:08 AM
well little kai(preston) is home
hubby got back around 4am
i waited up to meet him and he is gorg
i will get some pics of him abit later when he wakes up
but he seems a very cheeky chappy
i think we will be having a lot of fun with him
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 11:09 AM
excellent!! Glad the boys got back home safely! Can't wait to see the pics - he sounds soooooo cute
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 11:15 AM
aww they sound lovely.....looking forward to the pics
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Ooh thats great news Jackie that hubby and little Kai are both safely home Did he go in a pouch round his neck then?
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »