View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Jackie they are so sweet which country do they come from?
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:25 PM
hubby is just a bout to leave to go and collect him
it will take him around 6 hours to get there and 6 hours back so i won,t meet kai till the morning

yes minky we will be getting a female for kai as sugargliders cannot live alone.they die of loneiness

ashlady is abit of info on them

Although sugar gliders (Petaurus breviceps) are native to Australia, they have not been exported from there for many years. The ones we have in the U.S. are descendents of gliders that were imported from other places, mostly Indonesia.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew
hubby is just a bout to leave to go and collect him
it will take him around 6 hours to get there and 6 hours back so i won,t meet kai till the morning

yes minky we will be getting a female for kai as sugargliders cannot live alone.they die of loneiness

ashlady is abit of info on them

Although sugar gliders (Petaurus breviceps) are native to Australia, they have not been exported from there for many years. The ones we have in the U.S. are descendents of gliders that were imported from other places, mostly Indonesia.
ow exciting!! safe journey for your hubby and a speedy return with little Kai Get the camera ready
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Thanks Jackie, I've never seen anything like them before and am fascinated (or nosey ) can't wait for the photos and plenty more info please
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 02:49 PM
OMG Jackie!!!
I think a trip to your house will have to be planned!
They are adorable!!!!!!!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 03:17 PM
thank you minky
hubby has just left
we have also been informed by the owner that hubby will have to bring him home in a pouch round his neck
as that is how he feels safest travelling

ashlady heres some more info on them

An adult sugar glider is approximately 11 inches long from his nose to the tip of his tail, but most of that (6 or 7 inches) is tail. In shape and size they are very similar to our American flying squirrel.

The fur is very soft, and gray in color, with a white belly and a black stripe from the nose over the head and down the back. The last two inches or so of the tail is also black. The gray of the body meets the white of the belly right at the edge of the webbing between front and back legs, which creates a striking ripple effect at their sides when the webbing is not stretched taut. They also have smaller black stripes that run down each leg.

Colors in the wild can vary, with the white areas ranging from white to cream to yellow, the grey areas from grey to brownish grey or tan, and the stripes from black to chocolate brown. Some have white-tipped tails. New colors are emerging in captivity, including albinos, black-eyed whites, blonde and platinum, and various mottled color combinations.

heather you know you are welcome here anytime
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 03:20 PM
fascinating info on them like heather I was amazed by them cant wait to see your pics
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Oooh, I have heard of these! how adorable!
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 04:52 PM
I've never heard of them. They are so cute.
I do like to hear of these different animals.
Looking forward to more piccies!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 05:58 PM
They are beautiful little things Jackie - I have heard of them before but never actually seen them, bet you can't wait
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »