Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
For the purposes of clarification only. This was one of the comments I was refering to.
Well done you, going back to find it helping you swat that bee in your bonnent

Still at a loss to see why it is relevent to this thread
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 11:26 AM
TAZER

Ive Pm'd you as its nothing to do with ritual slaughter
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Well done you, going back to find it helping you swat that bee in your bonnent

Still at a loss to see why it is relevent to this thread

Well sleep wasn't going to come unaided, it needed some tedious task to help it along...started to work around 2 A.m.

Don't know what bee you're on about either...you're clearly missing the parts where I keep saying it wasn't meant to be serious...it was supposed to be lighthearted.

I never said it was relevant to the topic, just that the way you were posting, reminded me of that long passed Christianity thread...I found the irony funny, so thought I'd mention it...Think some people need to rediscover their sence of humour.

You're questioning aspects of Islam you don't agree with and like KW I totally agree you can/should do that. No one should accuse you of prejudice/persecution for raising concerns, asking questions etc.

Likewise, myself and KW should be able to question aspects of Christianity, without being accused of the above, because as you rightly say, asking questions and raising concerns isn't being prejudice.

Now, what I found amusing, was that you accused some of the above, for doing the very thing you're doing now...which you now state isn't persecution or prejudice..which as has already been stated, you are correct.

There within lies the source of the irony and my amusement, in the nicest possible way.

Wether you understand it now or not, is irrelevant, the moment has passed and this is my last post on the subject here.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Well sleep wasn't going to come unaided, it needed some tedious task to help it along...started to work around 2 A.m.

Don't know what bee you're on about either...you're clearly missing the parts where I keep saying it wasn't meant to be serious...it was supposed to be lighthearted.

I never said it was relevant to the topic, just that the way you were posting, reminded me of that long passed Christianity thread...I found the irony funny, so thought I'd mention it...Think some people need to rediscover their sence of humour.

You're questioning aspects of Islam you don't agree with and like KW I totally agree you can/should do that. No one should accuse you of prejudice/persecution for raising concerns, asking questions etc.

Likewise, myself and KW should be able to question aspects of Christianity, without being accused of the above, because as you rightly say, asking questions and raising concerns isn't being prejudice.

Now, what I found amusing, was that you accused some of the above, for doing the very thing you're doing now...which you now state isn't persecution or prejudice..which as has already been stated, you are correct.

There within lies the source of the irony and my amusement, in the nicest possible way.

Wether you understand it now or not, is irrelevant, the moment has passed and this is my last post on the subject here.
I would answer, but I wont, the irony has gone astray.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
It is because I asked this:

Which I asked fairly tongue-in-cheek, I wouldn't have expected any pet owner to consider this an acceptable way to end a pets life. Smokeybear raised a few when she said she would be ok with that.

It is ridiculous, madness or irrelevant? - just to remind everyone - this is the original post:

As I understand it, in the UK, ponies are not destined for the food chain, they are PETS - just as a dog is a pet. Ponies tend to go through a few owners, child gets pony, child loves pony, pony has happy life (hopefully), child gets too big for pony, pony is sold to next family and the cycle repeats itself, unless it is sold to be slaughtered as halal meat of course and has its throat slashed. So this thread actually has nothing to do with farm animals raised as meat, because ponies are not raised as meat they are PETS As a child I, and my sisters, were fortunate enough to have ponies, we were lucky that we had the space and the resources to ensure that they all lived out their days with us. Many people who have owned a pony as a child, and loved it as they would any other pet, have no idea how their pony spent their last moments, and I bet not one pony owner would want to know that their beloved PET had died in such a way as having its throat slit. Rural crime against ponies and horses sadly does exist. Incidentally, I was very young when I read in 'Horse and Pony' about a girl whose pony had been killed when some freaks went into his stable in the night and slit his throat. It caused an outrage that someone's pet had been killed in such a violent and unpleasant way.

So for those that think that pets are irrelevent and do not belong in this thread, please feel free to re-read the original post, decide whether a pony is a pet or a food choice in this country and then, you should (hopefully) have some idea whether it is relevant or not
Well, given (as I said) no-one will be EATING MY DOG; the kindest way IMHO is lethal injection.

Now I am not against people who have rehomed pets for genuine reaons etc BUT if people are so concerned how their PETS as you put it, end up, then perhaps they should not punt them around, send them off to market etc and they would know fine...
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh don't get me started!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Now I am not against people who have rehomed pets for genuine reaons etc BUT if people are so concerned how their PETS as you put it, end up, then perhaps they should not punt them around, send them off to market etc and they would know fine...
As I stated, all of my family's ponies have lived out their days with us and I am thankful for that. Sadly that is not the case for a lot of ponies in this country. Is it the owners fault? A lot of owners will simply not have the space for a pony once their child has outgrown it. Escalating costs are leading to a lot of ponies and horses being rehomed. In addition they may not have anyone else suitable to exercise it if it is a young pony. Ours all came to us after several owners and were of the age to happily retire. I guess for a lot of people, having a selection of ponies for their children of different ages and sizes is just not practical. That debate is certainly for another thread though
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 07:23 PM
call me harsh if you will but people KNOW their children will grow. The also DONT KNOW the fate of a pony once its been to market and changed hands....and so on....
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
call me harsh if you will but people KNOW their children will grow. The also DONT KNOW the fate of a pony once its been to market and changed hands....and so on....
No, I won't We took up riding at a very young age and wanted ponies for years. We waited for a long time to be in a position to own them and, deliberately, we only ever took on older ponies that would reach retirement age about the time we outgrew them. Not everyone thinks like that, I am grateful that my parents felt so strongly that a pony, like a dog, was for life in our house.
Page 41 of 41 « First < 31 38 39 40 41