Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 07:00 PM

Jimmychoo2feathers Diary

When JC and I first met I don't mind telling you I did fall in love, but I also did wonder how he and I were ever going to get a relationship as he was so scared of humans.
My friend Marie broke my heart when she told me that he had been tethered for the near part of 2 years and when the owner wanted to catch him thet just reeled him in on a long tether
When Marie asked if I wanted him I said yes then spent 2 nights wondering what I had done.
Well we started our mission together ....him running and me following on foot talking calmly.
The first day he took a step near me, everyone was overjoyed, I didn't see what all the excitment was.....having my head up my bum....all I could think was ''2 weeks and all he's done is one step near me''
The first time he stayed still when I was in the stable with him....basically to me was a relief, as I had a few bruises where he had banged me, I thought....'thank god now he won't tread on me anymore''....everyone else was overjoyed
Chris, Marie's friend tried the carrot stick on him to descencize him, boy did he dance, when she handed it to me I thought ''here we go '' he settled down and allowed me to do it....everyone else was overjoyed, when I was thinking....OK now I can get as close as a stick will allow''

They all talked about ''OH he's really bonded with you'' I walked away feeling down and a failure just because I couldn't understand why I couldn't touch him.
Then the day came he allowed me to groom him....I finally saw the trust and bonding in his eyes. No more kicking, no more trying to bite, no more running......I broke my heart again, only this time it was with happiness. I could finally put my arms around him

Then he went to his own field 8 days ago, and once more I broke my heart because he turned away and ran and each time we went he stayed away He looked lost and all his trust seemed to take a few steps backwards
Its been a horrid week for me as he has ran from me, following me at a distance but the trust we found for that short time seemed to go, I came home and tears trickled as I felt I had lost him again.
The yesterday Marie took Magic for a walk whilst I sat on a hump in the field.......it took a long time (or so it felt) I sang '''twinkle twinkle little star'' over and over as this was ''his'' song, I talked about the pheasant in the next field that he watched, I called him by his ''comfort name'' ''sweetpea'' he stood and listened but no magic moments
it went from light

to dark

and it felt like an age and there is only so much you can tell a horse....well I went through all my childhood, to the present with him.....and he still stood and watched and listened, the wind blowing a gale and me freezing my socks off.
He lost some pony nuts in the grass, so I moved slowly and found some, then the game started....find the pony nuts The icebreaker happened, he pinched my hat and gave my forehead a lovely big lick, now he was close again, he smooth nostrils against my face with warm air near my ear.
This morning another game brought tears to our eyes as he was so close that he allowed my hand to stroke his face, his ears, his chin. Tonight again a Kiss full on the lips, a push a shoove a thank you Mom and before we left a kiss on the palm of the hand......my boy is settling and coming back.
We have a long road to go together, but I had to share this as it shows how and animals that has suffered wrong by some humans.....can begin to trust again
This journey is going to take a long time, but we are in it together, no matter how long it takes.
So with this diary I will keep those interested updated
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Aww, Steph...JC is a lucky lad to have found you.

I know the pair of you will get there and look forward to reading about his progress.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 08:32 PM
What a lovely read Steph , look forward to hearing about his progress , he is real lucky to have you now , someone who loves him and will take the time and patience to make him happy and trusting again !
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Aww, Steph...JC is a lucky lad to have found you.

I know the pair of you will get there and look forward to reading about his progress.
Im hopeful hun, he's had so much wrong done, that its like sorting out a huge ravelled ball of string but bit by bit we'll plod on together
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
What a lovely read Steph , look forward to hearing about his progress , he is real lucky to have you now , someone who loves him and will take the time and patience to make him happy and trusting again !
Thanks hun, would love you to see him, he so scared yet he so ''wants'' someone to love him....you can see it, but he's too afraid to get it at the moment but he's trying he's making strides but I have to be very very careful not to spook him...early days yet though
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 11:07 AM
thats so lovely, I have a few tears in my eyes just reading it, so god only knows how you feel living it. It must be a huge roller coaster for you and him.

Wishing you all the luck in the world to help him trusy again. Your doing a great job xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Awww absolutely loved reading of your progress with JC, really heartwarming. He is a lucky wee chap to have such a dedicated and committed owner on his side I look forward to reading the updates.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
thats so lovely, I have a few tears in my eyes just reading it, so god only knows how you feel living it. It must be a huge roller coaster for you and him.

Wishing you all the luck in the world to help him trusy again. Your doing a great job xx
awwwwww thank you it is a roller coaster but hopefully we can gain some trust soon
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Awww absolutely loved reading of your progress with JC, really heartwarming. He is a lucky wee chap to have such a dedicated and committed owner on his side I look forward to reading the updates.
thank you so much
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:56 PM
What can I say! You have brought tears to my eyes reading that sis, Only you have the patience and love to overcome JC's problems. Well done Sis

As you have done so, so well with him I have bought you and Jimmy Choo two feathers a pressie. Hope you like it. I thought seeing as the next step will be putting a towel on his back I thought..."what about a real Indian Pony saddle blanket" So after a lot of research and googling I found this...... An authentic Apache war Pony saddle blanket....... It's come from America I ordered it last week, so that was quick

Poppy aproves

I love the colours I think it will look really smart
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 02:01 PM
WOWI LOVE IT He will look smart.....now I just need to convince him he wants to wear it
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
WOWI LOVE IT He will look smart.....now I just need to convince him he wants to wear it

Thought you might like it....I love the colours don't you and that pattern is Apache. I'm sure he will come to like it...eventually

xx
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »