Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I'll never be convinced, Jackbox.
Thats fine, you are allowed to hold an opinion, some people enjoy it, some dont, each to their own.

But as I have sadly witnessed a few horses over the yrs, who have tragically had to be PTS in such circumstances, I can tell you they feel no pain.

Don't get me wrong there is always the expectation, and dealing with this can take longer.

But my point is , these things can happen at any time with any horse... there are more tragic deaths with horses caused in the fields than on the race track..
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Oh here we go again. Next thing, you'll be reporting my posts and giving me reps for it, like last time You are sooooooooooooooo funny
Thank you
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Thats fine, you are allowed to hold an opinion, some people enjoy it, some dont, each to their own.

But as I have sadly witnessed a few horses over the yrs, who have tragically had to be PTS in such circumstances, I can tell you they feel no pain.

Don't get me wrong there is always the expectation, and dealing with this can take longer.

But my point is , these things can happen at any time with any horse... their are more tragic deaths with horses caused in the fields than on the race track..
Um, okay then. How do you know for sure? Were you a Grand National race horse in a previous life? A horse is an living being, which will no doubt feel pain when serious injury occurs.

My belief is that there are too many horses running such an awkward course, and the stakes are incredibly high which ultimately means more pressure on all concerned, namely the horses that are running. All in the name of money for toffs.

Like you say, each to their own opinion.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Thank you
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Me = Hear the Echo
Karen = Idle Talk
Hannah = Butler's Cabin (Hannah has amazing luck with score predictions)
Fiona = Rambling Minster

Not sure if they're all still runners though
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Um, okay then. How do you know for sure? Were you a Grand National race horse in a previous life? A horse is an living being, which will no doubt feel pain when serious injury occurs.

My belief is that there are too many horses running such an awkward course, and the stakes are incredibly high which ultimately means more pressure on all concerned, namely the horses that are running. All in the name of money for toffs.
Like you say, each to their own opinion.
That is the misconception of racing, it is not just a sport for toffs... it is a sport for everyone on what ever level you choice, I know many people who are involved in syndicates owning a 10th of a horse, they all enjoy it equally as those who are at the top end of the industry.

As for you sarcasm, which is underserved as I have not directed any at you for your opinions, I will ignore it , other than to say.... I did not say a horse will never feel pain or distress, what I said was , in such circumstances , it wont have the chance to do so, as there will be vets on hand to deal with such incidents immedialtey.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2009, 01:42 PM
OK, me and my family and friends have had 16 horses between us, along with all you guys, one of us MUST win, surely!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Hubby has Rambling Minster and I have Mon Mome
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Well i'm picking Kelami, purely because it sounds like my name(kel) and meeka's (we call her mi mi for short) according to the betting thingymajic its at 538-1 ...I take it thats not a good score?
I dont do betting, and i've not put a real bet on.. but I liked the name so i'll pick it for here.. and if it does win I will slap myself for not putting a bet on
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Kelami has got round before!! finished 4th one year I think.
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »