Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
hi all. i'm on the hunt for a freehold property with one bedroom.West Sussex area. Would appreciate any input. Very windy here. but sunny.
As per Sue's post below also a thought have a look at what estate agents in that area and go on there waiting lists.

I hope everything is alright.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 04:07 PM
hi all. i'm on the hunt for a freehold property with one bedroom.West Sussex area. Would appreciate any input. Very windy here. but sunny.
There is also a site called prime - location where you can enter from a drop down box keywords "garden/parking" etc
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 06:45 PM
Brenda, best of luck with the search xx
Things are awful here, you can't believe the luck or lack thereof that my family have! It's too long winded to go into, but I am awaiting a visit from the police and my dad's car got hit by a lorry on the way back to help me, thankfully he is o.k
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Things are awful here, you can't believe the luck or lack thereof that my family have! It's too long winded to go into, but I am awaiting a visit from the police and my dad's car got hit by a lorry on the way back to help me, thankfully he is o.k

Oh heck it's all building up, why do these things come one on top of another
At least Dad is not injured and a car is only a bit of metal which the insurance should sort out for you.
I assume the Police visit is associated with morons next door, keep us posted on that pleasse.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-05-2020, 07:28 PM
i'm on the hunt for a freehold property with one bedroom.West Sussex area. Would appreciate any input.

I agree with Sue, the 'Rightmove' site is the one I used when we were looking for this place.

You can be very specific about what you want and there's even a facility to draw a map of your prefered areas, it takes a few minutes to set up but is very useful as you can avoid areas which are not where you want to be. Good luck with your search.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Brenda, best of luck with the search xx
Flipping heck Griff you are getting it all aren't you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh heck it's all building up, why do these things come one on top of another
At least Dad is not injured and a car is only a bit of metal which the insurance should sort out for you.
I assume the Police visit is associated with morons next door, keep us posted on that pleasse.
Ditto......
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 10:11 PM
It is indeed, Harvey I sent you a recording.... basically, you know my new fence at the front? Well I was on the phone to my mums friend updating her on how mum was overnight, I looked out the window and I could see next door at my fence...I said to mums friend I am sure he is doing something and I looked and he was screwing huge metal eyelets into my parents brand new fence! I tapped on the window and shook my head and wagged my finger to say no...he continued, I said to mums friend I would have to go out and she stayed on the phone, I went out and explained it was my property and he was not legally entitled to do anything to my fence..he kept saying the hooks were in his property my point was, he had attached them to my fence which is my property and it was criminal damage! He couldn't grasp it...I was very badly verbally abused and my mums friend heard some of it. I hung up on her and opened the voice record app as the police had told me to do and I hit record, the abuse continued and then when he realised I was recording it....he accused me of harassment! I said I wasn't harassing him and he said about solicitor letters, and that I was out there....I tried to explain it was because he was damaging my property but of course...he is too stupid to understand that, I didn't once swear, I remained very polite throughout it but to be Frank, it's the last thing I needed and the fact that my dad left early to come home because of them and was then hit by a lorry just really p*sses me off
Sorry for the moaning, I really hope Dave is doing better, I hope that Moyra gets her standing order sorted and to all those I have missed I hope you are all doing o.k xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 11:19 PM
Oh Kelly, it never rains, but it pours.

Make sure you keep that recording and if you can, try to do a transcript so that it can be sent to whoever if you need to prove the harassment you are under. No one should have to put up with what you and your mum and dad have to put up with.

Touch wood, Dave is still doing OK, but time will tell.

Apparently, the lady next door has now moved permanently into a nursing home. Her husband, bless him, had been in one for a few years now and he died last week.

So, my guess is that the bungalow will go up for sale and we will have new neighbours. Once the for sale sign goes up, I'll contact the agents regarding the drainage from the porch/garage which does have a drainpipe but it just goes to the floor with all the water coming into our garden. I've held off for years with the couple next door being elderly and lovely neighbours, but it seems a good time to act now
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2